Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:19 PM

VilaRestal:
    I doubt you did. You realised before hand that the only way would be to play thousands of rounds deliberately trying to score badly and you thought better of a stupid idea. Either that or... see below.

If I thought shooting bad rounds was the way to go, why wouldn't I just shoot bad rounds on this account?  It's pretty well-known that I am one of the Legends that does not give a damn about his average.

I also know that, without a doubt, the best way to level up is to place well in RGs.  Not only do you get experience for the round, but you also get experience points for winning a certain position.  For example, I just won 300 experience points for winning an RG.

Point is, shooting bad rounds isn't really the way to go, and even if it were, I would have no problem whatsoever doing it on this account.

VilaRestal:
    The poultry sums you have contributed are nothing compared to the millions of dollars WGT earn from the lower teirs.

Nope.  Already explained why that's not true.  People put money in when they are pros, in order to get new clubs, and then with those new clubs, those people move up to master and legend. Most people who have upgraded clubs (i.e. the people who put money into this game) will be masters.  Very simple.

VilaRestal:
    It is perfectly obvious that sandbagging is not a major issue (the same old legends are still the ones winning the tournaments) and will be more difficult now because the good clubs take much longer to become unlocked. And most people don't play for credits anyway.

It's perfectly obvious that sandbagging is, in fact, a huge issue.  And it's not just me that has bitched about this.  BolloxInBruges and AvatarLee have both said sandbagging is way too powerful.

VilaRestal:
    You have said you were stopped in your attempt to sandbag. Hmmmm...

I suspect you were not and you are persisting with that attempt. (Maybe you had the intelligence to create two new accounts - one obvious one you could hold your hands up to and one secret one you would persist with.) I'm not accusing you of that, I just suspect.

Newp.  I wish, though.

VilaRestal:
    Your self-centredness and total lack of understanding of anybody else's problems here is quite repugnant and, as I said, makes me inclined to hope that your problems get worse not better. (Go, Go, Sandbaggers! Good luck vs Charlemagne! Not my problem, I don't play for credits.)

If I knew a sandbagger that I could trust, I would have no problem whatsoever gifting him clubs if he would pay me back, with interest, of course... because I know that, by gifting him clubs, he'd destroy me in the RG's.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:22 PM

pillsy:

CharlemagneRH:

1 Flag CaptainShank 44 $0.00 29
    2 Flag CharlemagneRH 34 $0.00 29
    *Grumbles stuff about "tour masters" *
    I had an amazing round from the championship tees, but I lost out to a "pretty good" round from the master tees.  I missed my birdie putt on 18, but I wasn't too mad because I thought there was no way that I needed it to win.  To my surprise, I was wrong.  Ugh.

so make your putt next time and STFU.  good for you, you had an AMAZING round.  are you saying it is impossible for anyone else to have an amazing round?  how about giving credit to another player for playing well?  the state of the game would be in serious trouble if/when shooting a 29 on 9 holes is considered "pretty good."

29 from the master tees = pretty good.

29 from the legend tees = pretty amazing.

Sorry for being honest?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:20 PM

Another amazing round from the championship tees loses to two "pretty good" rounds from the master tees in this RG:

1 Flag tbrewstar 32 $0.00 29
    Flag sarki 37 $0.00 29
    Flag MacGillicuddy 39 $0.00 30
    Flag Brew02 37 $0.00 30
    Flag CharlemagneRH 36 $0.00 30
    Flag Tarheel3rd 38 $0.00 30
    Flag LTDmin 38 $0.00 30
    Flag iconian 51 $0.00 31
    Flag yoban 49 $0.00 31

I'm sure all the other legends also thought they were going to see something better than this when they checked the leaderboard.
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:36 PM

CharlemagneRH:

pillsy:

CharlemagneRH:

I had an amazing round from the championship tees, but I lost out to a "pretty good" round from the master tees.  I missed my birdie putt on 18, but I wasn't too mad because I thought there was no way that I needed it to win.  To my surprise, I was wrong.  Ugh.

so make your putt next time and STFU.  good for you, you had an AMAZING round.  are you saying it is impossible for anyone else to have an amazing round?  how about giving credit to another player for playing well?  the state of the game would be in serious trouble if/when shooting a 29 on 9 holes is considered "pretty good."

Sorry for being honest?

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:42 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:47 PM

pillsy:

CharlemagneRH:

pillsy:

CharlemagneRH:

Sorry for being honest?

That's probably what you were looking like back when us sub-63 legends used to beat you 95% of the time you ever played one of us.

Baby doesn't want his rattle taken away.  Baby needs to hit off the lady's tees.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:50 PM

CharlemagneRH:

That's probably what you were looking like back when us sub-63 legends used to beat you 95% of the time you ever played one of us.

Baby doesn't want his rattle taken away.  Baby needs to hit off the lady's tees.

you hit the nail on the head chief

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:56 PM

LOL...that's pretty funny.

Yo CharlemagneRH...so you gonna play a game with me show me what the F I'm doing wrong? :D

I'm ready to give this *** up. LOL Every since I made Pro I can't post a decent score. Can't get to certain places and certainly can't get to a lot greens in two...UGH,. Tired of laying up at BPB. :mad:

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:07 PM

i kinda want to play charlemagne just so i can rub it in on every hole how i get to tee off ahead of him.  

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:14 PM

XXBones:

LOL...that's pretty funny.

Yo CharlemagneRH...so you gonna play a game with me show me what the F I'm doing wrong? :D

I'm ready to give this *** up. LOL Every since I made Pro I can't post a decent score. Can't get to certain places and certainly can't get to a lot greens in two...UGH,. Tired of laying up at BPB. :mad:

Here's what you're doing wrong:

You are an average player

with the worst clubs that there are

expecting good results.

Anybody with a brain knows that when you're an average player with garbage clubs, you shouldn't expect to be the best there is or even close.  In fact, you should expect to be worse than average.  Rocket science, this is not.

RSS