Help › Forums

Game Over

Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:07 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:53 AM

That's it. I'm done

At least until WGT fixes some of the outstanding and widespread issues with this game.

Between the horrible meter and the new inconsistencies introduced with the winds and the greens I just can't be bothered playing anymore.

After having spent roughly $100 CDN I'm completely dejected with this game. Had I known WGT would deteriorate as much as it has since I joined this past March I would have gone to a local game store and bought a used golf game for my computer for about $20.

You'd think with the experiences I've had in the past with other games and software I would know better than to invest anything other than time into a "beta" product. I should have gone with my gut - that little twinge I got every time I clicked to buy more credits - but I didn't.

Well WGT, you have my money. It will be a long long time before you ever see another dime from me if ever.

I play games to relax and have fun. The game, in it's current form is neither of those for me now.

With the amount of anger you have managed to stir up since the update on September 1st, I would strongly consider a roll back and an apology. If you have any balls besides the ones in your pro shop you would revert everyone's levels and tiers and give them a refund on any new equipment they purchased in a feeble attempt to cope with your changes.

I know it's hard to suck it up and swallow your pride to admit you made a mistake, but it's the right thing to do. You will be amazed by the new found support and respect you will gain from your customer base.

It's a beta golf game - you're allowed a mulligan. You've earned it. You really have created a great platform here. I'm sure you can make it even better.

I'm counting on it.

I've invested money into it.

And, I promise you I will in the future if you'll make the effort to fix what you broke.

I will sit in the gallery and watch carefully.

Hoping.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:23 PM

Well I hope you follow through and leave. And I hope a lot of others do too. That is the only way anything will change. You've noticed I'm sure that the WGT has basically said nothing since this mess was introduced. I've never spent a dime here so saying I'm gonna leave doesn't matter to them. I probably will but that is another matter.

If the players who have been around stop playing and don't frequent the site they'll either change or  make less money. Guess the ball is in the players court because right now the WGT is doing nothing to change anything. As long as revenue is the same or better they're perfectly happy.

• Tigerwids
    238 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:50 PM

Wgt will never admit to there *** up i have already seen a decline in people quitting the game. Wgt don`t even reply to e-mail that have been sent to them.  Very true it is still in beta stage 1 year down the line get a grip a year in beta what revenue have they raked in on that  ???????????????.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:52 PM

Tigerwids:
    i have already seen a decline in people quitting the game.
    don't you mean a decline in people 'playing' the game?  The way it's written may not be a bad thing for WGT.
    Tigerwids:
    still in beta stage 1 year down the line
    Um, .. it's year 3 in it's current format.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:12 PM

I started posting on their Facebook wall as well, I would encourage EVERYONE to do the same.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:21 PM

BEARlyThere:
    That's it. I'm done

Oh Bear, come on. You know you're not done, just a little bent out of shape with a rant. Maybe it was that last campground you raided coming full circle with the Karma thing. LOL-j/k

Don't be a Pooh Bear, be a grizzly!   ;-)

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:40 PM

To XXBones - Oh, I'm not leaving quite yet. As I mentioned, I'll be "in the gallery watching" for a while at least.

Call me an eternal optimist, but I have always put my trust in developers and always always will until they prove themselves unworthy of that trust. This is WGT's chance to maintain that relationship.

I just wait and see. :-)

To YankeeJim - Seriously man, LMAO. Thanks, I needed that.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:50 PM

I am like bear as well, I am hanging around but until I see a legend driver and a ball that will stick on these legend greensI will not drop another dime on this game!

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:25 PM

XXBones:
    You've noticed I'm sure that the WGT has basically said nothing since this mess was introduced.

They actually did say something, can't remember the post because there have been so many since the upgrade.  In a nut shell they said that only few people are upset with the changes and that they can't overreact on a few disappointed players.  Also, they hope that we cope with the new challenge.  As I've said before Hitting off of the championship tee into 31 MPH winds trying to land on a slick tournament green is not a challenge, it's plain unfair.  That being said I did manage to sneak in a few ready go wins in the midst of all the tour masters winning everything.....by the way below was WGT's response

Showtime73 and fellow players - We absolutely care about what showtime thinks and appreciate that we made a large change in the last release.  However at the end of the day we are balancing what is best for the greatest number of players but also trying to reward the most loyal.  Previous to this release we got a lot of feedback that the best players were finding the game to be less challenging and need something more. The championship tees are a bit rough on the legends but the data is showing that most legends have adapted and are scoring low again.  We hope that the new system will challenge the best players for a long time and keep you interested.  There is no doubt many things can be improved and we are taking your feedback to heart.  

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:43 PM

until I see a legend driver and a ball that will stick on these legend greensI will not drop another dime on this game!

SERIOUSLY!!! Yall are pouting like babys. it will  workout. This is kind of like football coaches h.s.-nfl. They cant change a program in 1 year. WGT can't wave a wand and it work automatically. They have to tweak a little. Same in presidents. IT TAKES TIME FOR CHANGE TO WORK!!!!!! Its like that in everything.. And no i was not   quoting obamas change plan. But wait keep playing everything will work out. I dont believe we need a huge change in drivers for Legends. Maybe an improvement of 5-10 yds. You cant keep shooting 50's. WGT had to slow yall down with the greens and tees or we would see insane scores very soon. Yall just chill. Yall were just spoiled by hitting irons into par 5's in 2 and wedges into par 4's. Should PGA tour players play from the regular tees like Amateurs. NOOOOO!! They would shoot insane low #'s. LIke yall were as masters. Just practice and get better. Sometimes you have to work for stuff. Not everything is gave  to you. Thats the problem with the country. Everyone wants it easy.

Im off my soap box reply wat you think.

• PAGES
RSS