Forums

Help › Forums

Noticed an update....

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2009 10:50 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 7:46 AM

version changed from 1.30.16 to 1.30.19 and all I noticed so far was the word 'excellent' when I hit a perfect shot (maybe it was there before, I can't remember)

What else changed?

1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 7:53 AM

60* Taylor Made Wedge is reporting proper distance of 65 yards now, and Chip distances are reporting differently, I assume the actual physics have not changed, just how long the shot says it is going to go.

Did I miss anything?

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 8:45 AM

hi m8 !

the trees are "alive" now ;) hit them twice allready ;)

regards

1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 9:03 AM

Ya, those have been there since the major update... hit them more than a few times =)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 9:34 AM

Hi AvatarLee, we did an update last night that fixed up a few bugs and pruned some invisible trees.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 9:52 AM

C'mon guys, you did alot more than that.

• Changed 60* Taylormade Z series wedge from 60 yds to 65 yds.
    • Adjusted chipping distances on all the wedges.
    • Adjusted pitching distances on all the wedges.
    • Adjusted Punch shot distances on all the wedges and some of the other irons as well.
    • Adjusted Flop distances, and changed the way the Flop shot acts out of different % rough.

I know there are more changes than that.  I shouldn't be the one reporting these changes.  Can we please have an accompanying update list as you make changes? 

It's a big deal when you mess with the short game stuff, and to not even mention it is really off-putting.  We buy these clubs and practice with them, getting used to all the different distances and reactions etc.  Adjusting those things changes how we approach certain known shots, especially on Bethpage, which is all about getting up and down on a large % of the holes. 

If you are taking the trouble to make such comprehensive short game changes, then the responsibility lies with you to also inform those who have bought the equipment being affected as to all of the effects of the changes you have instituted.

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 10:22 AM

I agree with Tibs...I have not been able to stabilize my game for a few days now (not that it was completely stable...lol), but it is getting frustrating.  I too am hoping that when an update happens that an accompanying list of changes is added.  This shouldn't be too hard since you are trying to make this an awesome game for all of us players!

Thanks

• SmoothSwinger
    14 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 10:30 AM

Agreed...if we are putting in time to practice and get used to one way when changes are made then should be out spoken!!  Thanks!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 10:34 AM

While you at it an explaination of what the difference between tiers really is. I have played many online games and there is usaully an explainaton of the Update before it's even changed.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 10:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. When an update is made, we try to post the major changes. Often the updates happen late at night, so we will post them in the morning, but sometimes our players will notice the changes before we have a chance to announce them. This does not mean we were not going to post a list of changes.

The update that happened last night was a patch for the major release on Monday, and mostly had to do with small tweaks here and there. So yes, the Z wedge changed from 60 to 65 yrds, as AvatarLee called out, we fixed some of the invisible trees on 7 and 13, and the chipping distances were adjusted on the wedges. I forgot to mention this last change in my previous post so I apologize.

• PAGES
RSS