Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2024 4:54 PM

Robert1893:

WGTShamWow:

Just to chime in, your Ranked Round stat doesn't reset when you move up in tier. That stat shows the total number of ranked rounds played on your account since it was created. So you have played 510 ranked rounds since you created your account. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow

Thank you for posting that. I was about to post the same thing, but I think your post might hold a bit more weight. 

It depends upon who the audience is...lol

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2024 7:05 AM

ct690911:
    It depends upon who the audience is...lol

😀

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2024 7:11 AM

Norman19640:

I have a total rounds showing 3345 with ranked rounds showing 510. At legend tier.

With an average  of 56.67

Another indicator you have not played the required 500 rounds at Legend tier is the fact that your average continues to fluctuate (going up or down) based on your latest score. 

For example, you state here that your average was 56.67. After your last round, your average went up to 56.72. If you were saturated, your average would not go up, regardless of how high a score you made for a round.

Most likely, you're very close to the 500 required rounds. Just keep at it. You'll tier up soon. 

Best of luck! 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2024 7:20 AM

ryry4321:

But if he also plays head-to-head games and tourneys it should equal out, I've seen players with less than 30 ranked rounds and they're a tour legend or champion because they play mostly coin games. I leveled up to legend and I played nowhere near the required ranked rounds at the time and when I got out of The showdown it tiered me up

Absolutely, a player can tier up through coin play. Quite a while back, I saw a Tour Champion who had played only 6 ranked rounds.

That's why I wrote it is possible for all the rounds listed in "total ranked rounds" to have been played at Legend tier. It would simply require the player to tier up through coin play for the lower tiers and then switch to playing ranked rounds after reaching Legend tier. 

Still, I'm not sure why anyone would take that approach. But it's possible. 

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 4:30 AM

Robert1893:
    Most likely, you're very close to the 500 required rounds. Just keep at it. You'll tier up soon. 

Hopefully he gets there before they ban him from PGN for hogging all the tee times... 

• BlackBogey
    287 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 5:25 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Robert1893:

Hopefully he gets there before they ban him from PGN for hogging all the tee times... 

Now that's some funny "stuff" right there LOL!

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 10:28 AM

Norman19640:

Mine did as soon as i hit legend. To get to legend i had over 1k ranked rounds

As far as I know, the resetting of ranked rounds upon reaching Legend tier would be a first. I've never read anyone posting that before now. And I have to wonder why it would reset upon reaching Legend tier but not at lower tiers.

Norman19640:

So you are saying that i have at least half of those in ranked rounds?

I don't think anyone is saying that. I'm simply suggesting you have fewer than the 500 required rounds. How many fewer is unknown. Players really need to track their rounds for themselves (for example, by tier, I put all of my rounds in spreadsheets). 

It is possible to calculate an approximate number of rounds you've played at Legend tier. Using recent scores and tracking increase/decrease of average, a person could use a spreadsheet to approximate number of rounds someone has played. 

Personally, I think the advice you received from claremoreblue is spot on: "You're playing some fantastic golf, enjoy the game as it is!" 

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 11:40 AM

Robert1893:
    As far as I know, the resetting of ranked rounds upon reaching Legend tier would be a first. I've never read anyone posting that before now. And I have to wonder why it would reset upon reaching Legend tier but not at lower tiers.

It would be a first... and only... cause it does not happen.... ever.

@Norman

As Sham and Robert already wrote, your stats show everything you did since signing up. The only thing that resets when you tier up is your avg and nothing else. 

• Jtange152517
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 12:25 PM

I am at level 118, Legend status with an average of 66.8 and 7, yes 7 ranked rounds

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 7:12 PM

reply deleted...

RSS