Forums

Help › Forums

Career Earnings (Tibbets vs. Avatar Lee)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2011 9:27 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:16 PM

Hmmm... just noticed that Avatar Lee is about to overtake Tibbets (who is now a Legend... and maybe the only real legend) in the Career Earnings List.  He only needs less than $100 to become the new leader.

1 30 Legend $14,964.29

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:20 PM

Dam you DMM, I was going to make a thread about it when it happened! The world's slowest ninja...

Anyway, yeah, it looks like it's going to happen soon. Then maybe, just maybe, we can call AvatarLee the greatest player the game has seen? Tibbets can be the greatest player to have never won a major.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:25 PM

Ellis... not to worry... you can start a new thread announcing when WGT gives you back your entire name.

Sorry to steal your thunder.  Wasn't intentional.

(P.S. - I still believe a "Legend" needs to be retired (like Tibbets) or dead)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:50 PM
    It came to my mind, since Tibbets has been gone for at least six months, that there are so many new players here that never got to know the powerful game he had. For these new people, post Tibbets, consider this: there were many, many weeks after weeks, in which he placed 1st in combination; that being all stroke play events along with all CTTH events. Our game can offer no other example. He was that good.
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:19 PM

Not to mention, Tibbets played over half his career with starter clubs.  I think he was a master of course management.  I wonder what he'd think about today's WGT game and equipment???

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:47 PM

Doublemochaman:

Not to mention, Tibbets played over half his career with starter clubs.  I think he was a master of course management.  I wonder what he'd think about today's WGT game and equipment???

I only know that when he left, he was using G10s and doing pretty much as he had always done. Some how, some way, he was always able to figure out the path to top Avatar Lee or nivlac by a shot regardless of how low they were to go. It was amazing.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:44 PM

I've had the fortune of playing some of this games greats, but I never got a chance to play tibbets.  (except for you Sweetiepie! hit me up for a match some time! you too Dmm) I was sort of bummed out when he suddenly left. I never understood the circumstances of that. I suppose it was purely a personal decision.

IIRC The man had the clout to single handedly get the stated trajectory of the g10 master clubs from med/high to high. (odd the things you remember)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:45 PM

So that guy is the real Legend.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:06 PM

Tibbets lives in a no-gaming state,  so he would have been unable to participate in any MPC'S or R-go's.  He would still be the earnings leader by a huge margin  for sure

Remember during the Tibbetts era,  earnings were based on cash value for trips and gift cards only.

Club wise,  every thing available was in his virtual closet.  He knew the capabilities of every  club and ball and how to use them in any condition.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:35 PM

birdwell:
    (odd the things you remember)

Odd? Perhaps. Nevertheless, wonderful and fitting to remember in enjoyment of what we do here and what has past by. Yes?

• PAGES
RSS