Help › Forums

Beginners Fustration

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:08 AM (7 replies)
  • DGHTM
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:35 AM

Hiya,

I've just started playing and have enjoyed this game.  Its been very challanging since I've got new clubs.  I'm sure it will take lots of patience to get used to them.

One thing I have noticed...I enjoy a fun round with other players and more times than not I end up with some very rude players.  Especially the ones that just quit with no common decency of saying...I'm sorry I have to go, or my house is on fire....something is better than nothing.  I can tell when there's a computer glitch & I didn't just fall off the turnip truck if you know what I mean. 

I'm really looking forward to filling up my friends list so I dont have to deal with these rude people.  If you're not one of these people, I hope to have the opportunity to play with you no mater what tier.

Have a Great Day & Hitt'em Straight

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:42 AM

Unfortunately that is very common. I've played 5 random Multiplayer games so far. In every game people have quit. Usually after a bad shot. Soooo many playing just for averages. Stupid cowards. I suggest you create a new text file (or find a notepad) and start writing down names of quitters. Then you won't have to suffer them twice.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:52 AM

There are plenty of great players, like the real world you have good and bad!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:54 AM

This is a common problem on WGT.  Just by chance, or divine intervention , I was able to find the " Country Club"  In His Glorious Name.  Check us out on my profile.  We are a group of like minded Christian men who play this game for the fun and fellowship.  I will say that this is a more friendly environment to enjoy the game and we have some guys who would be glad to help you improve your game.  Check us out.  

In His Glorious Name

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:08 AM

DGHTM:

Hiya,

I've just started playing and have enjoyed this game.  Its been very challanging since I've got new clubs.  I'm sure it will take lots of patience to get used to them.

One thing I have noticed...I enjoy a fun round with other players and more times than not I end up with some very rude players.  Especially the ones that just quit with no common decency of saying...I'm sorry I have to go, or my house is on fire....something is better than nothing.  I can tell when there's a computer glitch & I didn't just fall off the turnip truck if you know what I mean. 

I'm really looking forward to filling up my friends list so I dont have to deal with these rude people.  If you're not one of these people, I hope to have the opportunity to play with you no mater what tier.

Have a Great Day & Hitt'em Straight

SeabrookFlash:

This is a common problem on WGT.  Just by chance, or divine intervention , I was able to find the " Country Club"  In His Glorious Name.  Check us out on my profile.  We are a group of like minded Christian men who play this game for the fun and fellowship.  I will say that this is a more friendly environment to enjoy the game and we have some guys who would be glad to help you improve your game.  Check us out.  

In His Glorious Name

I feel the same way. I found Porky's profile by chance or divine intervention like you said and was able to join In His Glorious Name sometime later. I played a round with Porky, he is a great guy. You can't go wrong if you decide you want to join. And if not invite some of us as friends. I don't play many multi-player matches but when I do I try to get to know the people that I am playing with and never am rude or never quit unless it is on myself. That is to say the only time I quit a round is in the unlimited tourneys. I restart a few of them.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:19 AM

One thing to remember, those that quit and don't finish a round where they're not playing well, may at some point cause themselves much more pain somewhere down the line. They are the kind of player who will find they get bumped up a tier a long time before they have a chance of coping with it. They'll be the first near the front of the queue to complain that they are then struggling.

Since the change at the start of this month though, I've had a lot more rounds where players have actually played all the way through. Before it was almost unheard of.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:03 PM

Hi DG, quitting and rudeness are an unfortunate part of this otherwise great game, but you don't have to put up with it on a regular basis.

There is the abovementioned country club for example. But if you look for a variety of challenges with players of all levels and creed, whom rarely quit, then the WGTLS is the site for you to explore.

WGTLS is a site where you get into free competitions, such as ladders and guilds and meet some really good people from around te world, whilst playing golf on the WGT site.

Just google for World Golf Tour Ladders System, or WGTLS, and have a look.

Regards

• DGHTM
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:08 AM

Thank you all for the positive feedback.  Considering I'm still a newbe here, I know I have to be patient and wait for the good players.  I know they are out there, its just fustrating when I hesitate to click that button "ANYONE" and feel like I have more luck shooting craps.  I know each person is their ownself and somewhere out there there is a match for them, even the ones that dont like to chat but will play a full round. 

It is my hopes of posting this thread that would spark "friendlies" that I would enjoy playing a round with. By the way...thank you to thoes that have "friendly" me.  I know this is a game and not a match making service..lol.  I just figure if I'm playing for fun, I might as well have some fun with others.  Yes, I would like to be #1 on this site, but not at the expense of being a total azz about it.  I do hope that the quitters read this thread and think twice about how others feel about them abonding a game.

I hope to see you all on the tee box!

RSS