Forums

Help › Forums

T&C Violations and reporting 2

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 27 2009 11:11 AM (2 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:13 AM

Please forgive this copy of something I posted in the WGT Public Beta section of the forums.  It seems that forum is very busy and this topic may run off the front page before the right people get a look at it.  I do beg your indulgence.  Thank you.

Hello WGT.

Since the upgrade to the new tiers (and the consequent level of frustration), there have been a number of forum posts that clearly violate the Terms and Conditions that every player agreed to before they could drive that first tee.  Specifically, if I may quote in part:

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.

In addition, there are a number of players who, since they have been moved to a tier they don't feel comfortable with, or for any number of other reasons, have violated another section of the T&C.  Specifically, if I may quote in part, again:

Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at support@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts.  (Emphasis mine).

So, the question is, how and when should suspected violaters be reported?  For the former issue, should the 'Report Abuse' button be used on the offending post? For the latter, whom would our contact be at WGT?  Thank you for reading.

Cheers.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:32 AM

You can contact us at members@worldgolftour.com

In the future please bump the the same thread to raise it's visibility instead of positing it twice.  Much appreciated.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 11:11 AM

I will do that.  Thank you for your attention WGTAdmin2...

RSS