Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:26 PM (26 replies)
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:34 AM

Anyone know how many legends there are?

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:43 AM

It appears there's about 311 or 312, 6 pages of 50 & 1 page of 11 or 12.

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:44 AM

Yes - too many - but most of us know who the real ones are.

• TarheelsRule
    5,489 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:58 AM
    Why is it that when WGT implements some changes and these have good and bad things that will get sorted out, much like the green speed that they dialed back a little today, that everyone doesn't look at what is good and bad but only if it will effect their score. Who cares about the average, we are on here to be challenged and have fun. The new tees are great, green speed is good now, it was too fast and although my average is up 3.5 strokes that is okay I will work it down. The actual method of making people paly and level up before you can buy your way to a higher level is great, it should have been that way from day one. It would have been nice to have everyone start back there but that wasn't possible.
  • RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:12 AM

When a Legend plays a tour master in match play the Legend plays from

the tips. That seems fair but this game is really a funtion of the clubs. A tour

master can have access to the same clubs.  In many cases a tour master can

have a lower average than a legend.   If  the classifications  were simply based

on scoring average this would be fine, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I like the challenge of giving a better player an advantage- this should improve

my game, but I doubt everyone would feel this way. I guess I could just play

legends but it narrows the field and sometimes takes too long to find one.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:03 AM

i consider myself better than avg. but now your telling me i have to hit a 3 wood for my approach at 17 on st anns, come on wgt.  when was the last time u seen a pga pro use a 3 wood for this shot???  give me a driver that works from these MONSTER tees. what a joke

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:07 AM

jbenny11:

The balls stop just great on the greens, what game are you guys playing? They putt real nice too. JB

i guess i can download cheat engine 5.5 like the rest of u so the game can play itself....

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:02 PM

I'm guessing that a lot of people are finding the same problem as I am from the new tees that us Legends are playing from now, and that is being consistent. My average, which I don't care about anyhow, is the highest it's been for ages. The challenge now, is to be able to find my consistency again.

Oddly though, I still appear to be the same on the back 9 of Kiawah as I've always been though. lol.

Hole 4 on St Andrews is now a serious challenge, given the limited area there is for landing a tee shot in. Had some real mixed luck with this, from a sweet forward bounce launching me on for a nice wedge shot to the pin, to an unlucky bounce that stopped the ball dead just on the front edge of the fairway, giving a decidedly evil second shot.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:25 PM

Agree wholeheartedly Tarheel; it's a tough, new challenge but it's far more realistic this way (most holes in real life will be played with a mid-to-long iron approach shot).

We'll all handle it in the long run and until I see Tour Masters winning every RG that I enter, I won't see the need for the system to change. These players weren't strong enough to regularly score low before, so why should they suddenly improve when their conditions haven't changed? We will know when a bagger is on the loose and I'm sure they'll soon be playing from the back of beyond with the rest of us.

People are protective of their average and I'm sure a new "sub-60" mark will soon be worked out after a month or so.

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:44 PM

WYLBILL81:

i guess i can download cheat engine 5.5 like the rest of u so the game can play itself

To make such sweeping statement is out of order, especially from someone who even knows the version number.

RSS