Forums

Help › Forums

WGT...are you listening???

Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:44 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jcs89
    172 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:17 PM

I have not posted a comment since the "big change" but have been reading several...90% which i estimate are negative.  I am now a legend, which is fine....i have the clubs i need to semi-compete.  But the thought of being a pro before the change with no chance of owning master clubs and now being thrust into the master+ level, is very disheartening.  I would not be surprised if many of these players quit because of the daunting task of completing MANY rounds from the back tees with sub-par equipment.  Listen to your customers WGT....and take inventory of their concerns.  Happy customers makes for good business.

• kwilley1269
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:38 AM

jcs89:

I have not posted a comment since the "big change" but have been reading several...90% which i estimate are negative.  I am now a legend, which is fine....i have the clubs i need to semi-compete.  But the thought of being a pro before the change with no chance of owning master clubs and now being thrust into the master+ level, is very disheartening.  I would not be surprised if many of these players quit because of the daunting task of completing MANY rounds from the back tees with sub-par equipment.  Listen to your customers WGT....and take inventory of their concerns.  Happy customers makes for good business.

i couldnt agree more i was about to have my real life golfing buddies join,but after the new updates no way am i doing that

• Errant
    72 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:00 AM

I know you probably mean well but you're a little late. WGT is allowing us former pros to buy the clubs we need. Check the pro shop.

If they'd just come out with a decent driver for the Legends, I think everyone would be pretty happy. (Everyone except the sand baggers and cherry pickers.)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:51 AM

Word of mouth and personal recommendation from a friend is what benefits a business the most long term. I cannot in good faith recommend WGT to any more of my friends knowing that club purchasing is based solely on quantity of play. If those people improve their games to reach a new tier they will not be allowed to buy clubs to remain competitive.

WGT has successfully killed their biggest asset in the growing the business, free advertising from the players already here.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:08 PM

Errant...My post was before wgt announced the decision to allow the purchase of clubs.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:40 PM

Errant:

I know you probably mean well but you're a little late. WGT is allowing us former pros to buy the clubs we need. Check the pro shop.

If they'd just come out with a decent driver for the Legends, I think everyone would be pretty happy. (Everyone except the sand baggers and cherry pickers.)

Most of the legends are using the same equipment they used in the 2 opens and putting on the same green speeds now. And they shot the lights out in the opens. So what is the difference? The difference is that they have to play those conditions every day now and they are just used to the master conditions and want to whine that it is too hard. And as for bringing out a longer driver, i'm sure in the future they will do that. But if you go play a longer course in real life do you go out and buy a new driver that will hit the ball  50 yards farther?? No you adjust and make the best of it. For the time being that is what the legends will have to do. The one thing that some of the top players are concerned about is MPC's against masters and tour masters using the same equipment as they have from much shorter tees. It may make a difference but it might not because the greens speeds just might level the playing field so to speak. And if not they just might have to play all their MPC's against other legends.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:06 PM

borntobesting:
    But if you go play a longer course in real life do you go out and buy a new driver that will hit the ball  50 yards farther?? No you adjust and make the best of it.

Don't bring real life into this, if you do you point is moot.  Tiger woods and Phil Michelson hits from the same Tee as everyone else playing a tournament with them.  The fact of the matter is some of the master and tour masters are better than a lot of the legends, however they haven't play enough rounds to advance to the legends tier.  We do need a legends driver but until then it is what it is.  

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:44 PM

borntobesting:
    Most of the legends are using the same equipment they used in the 2 opens and putting on the same green speeds now. And they shot the lights out in the opens. So what is the difference?

You do realize that qualifying was unlimited play, right???  Play it enough and eventually if you have any skill and decent equipment, you will score well. 

I qualified for both Opens.  In the Open Final I shot a 137, 67-70, I ended up 47th out of around 200.  In the US Open Final I shot a 143, 68-75 and ended up 63rd out of around 180.  Not what you would call "shooting the lights out".  Sure there are a few that can, but the majority of us can't.

Like ironking, all I'm looking for is an upgraded driver, so I can at least use my wedges for scoring again.  At this point it feels as though I'm back using starter equipment on the pro tees, not a lot of fun.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:11 PM

Born, i'm sorry your not qualified to make judgments on what legend tier is going through jmo. JB

• twintomy
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:57 PM
    how do you stop those stupid practice swing bs anybody??????????
  • PAGES
RSS