• Pappylon
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 3:14 PM

check replay at bottom:

http://www.wgt.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=43026

• switcheu
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:36 PM

haha, good stuff. Guess its the only way...

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:52 PM

good shot...bad move showin it...there are good players on here ..dont give them any help...ha...i did the same..261...delete it!

i play poker...dont show ure hand!

• IzziePuttz
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 11:03 PM

LOL. big help. i tried that shot 20 times, and 19 times it hung up in "DEEP ROUGH". that's almost as good at the previous tip about landing your drive on the sprinkler head to get 30 extra yards, RIGHT !!

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 1:19 AM

ha...true...if u dont get it.. ure plucked!

• mcfee1965
    6 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 4:48 PM

Buy credits, get better clubs, aim way left

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 9:05 AM

I have just hit one of these myself - sort of.  Mine is SIMILar but not identical.  CHECK OUT MY REPLAYS:  BPB #5 - Hitting The Fairway - WATCH CAMERA 2

When I first saw YOUR replay, my question was how on earth did the the 3 foot tall long weeds on that little "island" not stop YOUR ball dead - or at the very least, dribble it out into the sand. 

Instead of shedding any light, my own experience (if you view it) only deepens the mystery with a simlar question.  "Why does the sand in which I initially landed suddenly appear to have the consistency of solid concrete? - enabling a BOUNCE of enough momentum to propel it through ANOTHER bounce through the ROUGH (rare in itself) - eventually landing in the fairway.

Enjoy My Replay,  AtlantaCoaster

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:00 PM

That ios funnny as hell!  And it looks like you had to hit the downside of that island, too!

• killmodell
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 4:52 AM

Good stuff. Great shot!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 8:21 AM

Hilarious!!!  First time I tried it it worked for me.  I hit the little patch of earth with overspin and the ball leaped into the fairway and rolled a long way.  But the irony is that on this long par 4 I still had to lay up!  So, not that much gained.  Now, I can't wait to watch the real U.S. Open this year to see if the short hitters aim for this little sand trap island...

• PAGES
RSS