Forums

Help › Forums

How Many Legends does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:43 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:20 PM

So sorry Bird, wasn't trying to highjack your thread.  I was able to follow along, even given my diminutive comprehention level.  But you led out with how many Legends does it take... and I was just stating an additional fact, that no matter how much you debate the tier/level issues, that is (or shouldn't be) the issue. The issue that should now come before WGT in a big way, is after all their attempts at tweeking the game, the most essential component goes unheeded.  I agree with you, I for one shouldn't be a legend (that's reserved for my own mind), but what is next, when they have an opportunity to give a thousand or so players something to shoot for and then just blow it as you said.  Maybe that is, in a way, WGT surendering, becayse they have no intention of addressing the meter issues.  I also agree with you, that it is a slap in the face for players like me who have been loyal supporters of this site for almost 2 years, to suddenly be put at the lowest level of play?  Who was in charge of this ill thought idea?

Once again so sorry for stealing your thunder with a more relevent issue, than bogus tiers and levels.  What they did was the deffinition of a red hering!  You made your point, striving to become a legend is a moot point.  But continuing to play this game with a sh*t meter, is an excersize in futility.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:03 PM

The only thing tougher is the competition. 

You know the "get out of the kitchen" metaphor right?

The new system is great. It works. Give it some thought, in depth, before you start picking it apart with meaningless bread crumbs.

TMPC

• Hobie1
    40 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:34 PM

birdwell:

If I had just turned master yesterday, and had yet to purchase clubs, but planned to in the near future - but then found that I would have to play hundreds of rounds before I could buy the formerly Master level equipment, yet had to play in tougher conditions, I would probably close my account and just start over.

I just turned master this morning after having tried to do so for months without knowing where the cutoff was.  I thought I was close.  Once I turned Master, my plan was to buy a new driver to increase my driving distance even if it had required buying additional credits.

I now find myself unable to purchase my wished for driver for another 57 levels and very thankful that I have the clubs which i'm no longer qualified to purchase.  I'll keep with it but it will now take me an additional year to get back to where I was yesterday.

I wholeheartedly endorse the new tier/level system and will happily play from harder tees with harder greens but even a hack with the cash in hand can buy a premium driver in real life.  It's still a challenge to be able to hit well with that club.

j

• Laker2323
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:53 PM

TMPC the new system sucks

• RRSMYSER
    11 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:06 PM

GLAD I BOUGHT EVERYTHING LAST WEEK....

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:14 PM

My two biggest problems are:  The crappy meter got worse (It's about time something is done to make the meter issues a little better).  It's a total joke that most of the clubs I already have in my bag are now locked, thanks to ready-go earnings I have 5 sets of irons, over 10 wedges, only a couple drivers, 3 putters all of which are locked in the pro shop but I'm still able to play with them.....go figure, I thought there were going to be new clubs, I guess I thought wrong.   On the other hand I do like the tournament speed they added to the ready go (although I haven't been able to figure out the distances as yet).

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:39 PM

Laker2323:

TMPC the new system sucks

My point here is that we can't know weather the system sucks or not. We have all just been thrown into it, and the position that a LOT of people have fallen into is very unfortunate.

Because our tiers are, for the most part, higher than what they ought to be, but our level is comparatively much much lower than what it should be.

It would simply be impossible to obtain Master or Legend status and remain at level 30. BUt that's where THOUSANDS of us are.

It's a virtual plateau for existing players. Yesterdays pro turned master today has weeks if not months of game time before they could upgrade their equipment. Former Masters turned Legend really don't have an upwards path at all. How many rounds do you think it's going to take me to gain the 50 levels or so I need to buy the i15 irons (which I was unable to pick up before the change? 

They must have sold a ton of equipment during the sale in order to afford locking out most of the items in the shop to everybody for a considerable amount of time.

• Ivories78
    61 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:05 PM

I got a joke for ya all.....

How do you make 10,000cr on WGT?

Start with 20,000!

yes...the circus has come to town people - I'm here all week try the veal! yukyukyuk!

• PAGES
RSS