Forums

Help › Forums

Draining us

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:46 AM (1 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:22 AM

To the mighty fine folks at WGT;  Have been a member for almost a year and a half.  Have spent a few hundred bucks when I swore I wouldn't after making Master too soon for my abilities.  Have endured the super-sonic and erratic meter.  Have spent my allowance on balls that last 2 rounds if you don't hit water or bushes.  Have lost many hours of sleep, and my girlfriend questions my sanity.

Why?  Because it usually relaxes me, I enjoy the game and the company of my friends.

Do you not realize the cash cow that you have created?  Sure you do.  It's a business.  Why then, would you alienate many members in one fell swoop with this goofy tier thing without an acceptable explanation?  Championship greens when the old ones were hard enough (for me, anyway)?  Locked out of almost everything for now?  And still no Approach Shot Award?

Just give me an address so that I can have my checks mailed directly to you.

• JaredinKalamazoo
    13 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:46 AM

I could not agree with you more.  I believe the idea behind the call for changes was to have different tiers to play against in tournaments.  So people who were better could play against like competition, and people who were not quite as good play in a different tourney.  I would have completely supported that, even though i'd be on the losing end against a lot of the "Legends" here it would still be the same game i've been used to playing.

Now I am a legend (when I shouldn't be) and Championship greens with heavy winds everywhere sucks.  The product you guys had was brilliant, and now not only did you change the tiers but you also corrupted the beautiful game.  I liken it to McDonald's saying, "Ehhh, let's try health food!"

I am truly sad this day has come.  I hope I adjust to it quickly and this post will be in vain, but as of right now, I say 100% thumbs down with the changes.  I will surely be playing less.

RSS