Help › Forums

Are you new?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:43 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:05 PM

Ive noticed something lately on WGT. Has anyone noticed names popping up that you have never heard of, but yet those names seem to have hundreds of posts? Dont get me wrong, but im on these forums every single day, and i do miss a few posts here and there. But lately it seems like people are just coming out of the woodwork that ive never heard of before, but seem to be here for ages, lol.

Just 1 example of this is the thread in the link below:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/200057.aspx

Im sorry for dragging your thread up Enriccop, but i have to ask, as i feel im somehow ending up in a section of WGT i have never been before??? Weird, or just plain 1 of those things, as enriccos thread is defo not the first post i have come across where i have never heard of the poster, despite the 1000 posts or so?

EDIT: i have never heard of 1 of those names in the list posted on the 1st post either? Just have to ask?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:09 PM

pretty sure posts in CC threads count as well......

KB

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:15 PM

Kindle2010:

KB

Not so sure Kindle. I know its not possible for somebody to see a post from another members CC thread. That can only be done if you are a member of that CC, if im getting you right?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:19 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Has anyone noticed names popping up that you have never heard of, but yet those names seem to have hundreds of posts?

my point was these players may be very active in their CC forum, making lots of posts there, which all count towards there total post count, and then make 1 here, like your example. Explains you query?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:24 PM

Kindle2010:

TWOMINUSONE:
    Has anyone noticed names popping up that you have never heard of, but yet those names seem to have hundreds of posts?

my point was these players may be very active in their CC forum, making lots of posts there, which all count towards there total post count, and then make 1 here, like your example. Explains you query?

Cheers Kindle, now i get what your saying. It makes total sense now. never thought of it that way, but was intrigued by it none the less.

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:27 PM

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:29 PM

Have to agree with Kindle  , i have in my big club French members that use our CC Forum only to communicate,ask questions ect, some they talk a lot Lollllll........  :)  hope that is the case  in your exemple TWOMINUSONE.....  Then a member like me will at times tell them go see A Thread like the one we have exemp( Mouving Image Thread)no need to know english well,  they at time will leave a comment  so their name are not known  ....  Frapp 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:10 PM

Kindle2010:

KB

That would be correct...

In fact you could have 300 CC posts, yet still be moderated on the main forums.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:16 PM

ETC. is an abbreviation that comes from Latin (et cetera: and so forth).  Et means "and' and is the source of the '&' symbol. Using 'ect' is like using recieve. Fingernails on a blackboard, so to speak. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:28 PM

bubbadork:

ETC. is an abbreviation that comes from Latin (et cetera: and so forth).  Et means "and' and is the source of the '&' symbol. Using 'ect' is like using recieve. Fingernails on a blackboard, so to speak. 

Ya on the right thread there my man?

• PAGES
RSS