Forums

Help › Forums

Very Slow Greens

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:41 PM (6 replies)
  • shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 1:56 PM

I think it's crude to create a green speed only available in the Bethpage ready go tourney.  I'm blindly having to figure out how much power to add to my distance.  We're unable to practice this speed, so why does it exist?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:05 PM

Am I missing something here? Practice mode any course and nine or eighteen hole game. You have the option to choose green speeds, slow, fast, very fast and hole locations on two courses, tee box's and wind. Take a look around before you post these things next  time. :) I'll make it easy for you on slow greens add 3 feet to every putt. That should do it.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:09 PM

Blue, heat is still gettin to u brother.  There isn't an option to practice very slow greens, only slow.

• Ghazan316
    40 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:14 PM

I agree, I also think tournament greens should be available in practice mode.

The poster's above me would be more knowledgeable than I, but let me make it even easier for you:

A bold 150% power for every stroke. Uphill and Downhill lies also become less pronounced on these VERY slow greens, as do slopes (left or right); my theory is it's because you hit the ball harder, hence less turn.

Hope this helps. Happy hitting.

p.s: my status.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:53 PM

I think they should do away with them full stop, absolutely horrible greens to putt on and I say that as someone who has done relatively well on them in the ready go.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 4:32 PM

The duck is temporarily out of service again. :) Send cold corona's please. Be on in a bit to hack it up.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:41 PM

Don't worry about it, blue.  I forgot to post that they were very slow greens.  I meant to, I promise. :-)

RSS