Help › Forums

Putter Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 26 2009 5:17 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 10:15 PM

When better putters become available, I would like to see a putting grid come with the better putters that give a more accurate read, like less space in between the lines.  This will allow us to see the green fluctuations better.

1,644 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2009 6:04 PM

Oh please no... the current grid kills my CPU already to the point that I have to turn it off after I line up the putt.... could you imagine more of those damn break indicators flowing across the screen?  I'd never get off the first hole!

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 3:43 PM

How do you go about turning the grid off? Used to be g but that doesnt seem to work anymore?? I agree though, the last thing we need is more graphics, it all but kills a 60+ putt.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 4:37 AM

I just go to the Menu>Options and turn it off there before I take the putt. And turn it back on on the next hole.... if I need it =)

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 5:01 AM

Well yeah I knew you could do it there. But was there not an option to just keyin "g" at one time?

At any rate having a single key to press would be nice, maybe you guys (wgt) can put that on a to do list. Honestly I've never tried it til the last few days, and I have to say it makes putting a 25' and longer putt much easier. It never dawned on me the extra putting grid graphics was what was creating that nasty lag in long putts.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 3:58 PM

HI ncviz, we disabled the "g" key because it was originally used for internal testing purposes. Thanks for the report on the grid possibly slowing down the game.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 6:11 PM

It would be really great if you guys could put it back in!!

Thanks,

Lee

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 7:43 PM

OH WOW!!! That's why my putter meter is so choppy!!!

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2009 8:33 AM

Another thing you guys may want to consider along with the putting grid toogle is...

A keyin toggle for the flash quality also. The graphics are outstanding here, but I do think they take a toll on the swing meter. I will have to mess with it a little more, but I think the meter is more consistent (w/out lag) when the quality is set to low vs high. Now I wouldn't want that set low all the time, because the graphics is what sets you apart from other games. But it would be nice to toggle it from high to low before and after every shot, make sense?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:21 AM

kudos on the new grid toggle, makes putting much more easier, ie without lag.

• PAGES
RSS