Forums

Help › Forums

Wind in face

Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:53 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TJH964
    17 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:13 AM

I cannot complete rounds to lower stats and other peeps are using WGT clubs and I have purchased various other clubs and I cannot gain any ground because the wind is always blowing in my face.  Does the wind ever help so I can improve my greens in regualtion stat and scores.  I want to be on the top of the game and I do know how to golf;  compensate for wind direction, breaks of the green, depth in the sand, depth of the rough, club up, club down when pitching  to the hole.  Just please help the ball go in the hole, I have hit the pin about 100 times and it has not dropped once.  When I play on a real course if it hits the pin it usually drops at least 1 out of 5 times.

• Tigerwids
    238 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:22 AM

Take the flag stick.out Top right hand side you will see a flag stick left click it to take it out

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:12 AM

WTF does that have to do with anything the damn programmers rig this game because they are trying to set me up to shoot over par but I will quit every f__king game until they program it the right way.  ex(glitchy meter, spacebar not working, missing every putt for birdie, other peeps are really low in shorter amount of time,  I will not be beaten by an amateur and will make no more purchases until they start letting me be the master I am.  The GAOA denied Tiger until he kicked their ass so I am kind of like that I will not be denied or I will give it up! Oh not to say I have one of the games with the most variety and still nothing and half the time when I want to join a tournament it does not let me but with my daughters alias evertime she can pick up a game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:02 AM

TJH964:
    and will make no more purchases until they start letting me be the master I am.

I'm a little confused here, TJH. Are you demanding to be recognized as a Master and you will quit if they don't? As for the wind I know it's not always in your face so maybe that was just a little venting on your part. It can be frustrating for sure but if you know golf like you say you do you can figure it out. Keep trying, it's worth it in the long run.

Instead of treating this game as a game try playing it as you would for real. Think the same way and be smart. Use your course management smarts and don't try to make unrealistic shots. You can do it, it just takes more than 77 ranked rounds and 2 months! 
    GL

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:52 AM

well    I understand frustration can make people say things they dont really mean but,   you want them to program it right so you can score better?!  unfortunately for you fortunately for us    they are not about to do that.  If  you are the master you claim to be  you can figure it out,  I am thinking you are the pro that is breaking his mouse over a poor decision.   and  by the way  they keep lots of stats here and  you have hit the flag only 22 times not 100.

since they will not bow down to the other 100K people wanting the game easier to make it fun,  maybe you should read alot of forums and take notes on the advice the top players on here dole out and get better. I have almost 10x as many ranked games you have  and  I am STILL learning every round. Just like real golf.

• Todibus
    105 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:47 PM

Totally agree wizbang.  If you want to shoot a low score every time, join Tiger Woods Online.  I played there for a while and people are shooting in the 40's every round - it gets totally boring after a very short time. WGT is way more fun and interesting; you just can't expect everything to go your way every time!

• Sirch70
    11 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:50 PM

Just came here a few days ago from Tiger Woods Online. I was a level 45 Champion Pro in just 2 months. Wayyy tooo easy. Also it sucks the way the game freezes, jams up, black screens you name it does it. They get away with not fixing it cause its in bets form, but they have no problem charging you 10 bucks a month. So far I find this game much more of a challenge. I just need to improve my putting by coming up with a system to gauge my putts power.

• HANDBOOK
    173 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:46 PM

PUTTING

I have stuck a post it under the meter and divided it into 16 equal parts,then worked out distances gets pretty close

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:51 PM

Well,

On a real course, I'm sure you're not smashing the flag but have more power control over the shot which prevents it from ricocheting. As already mentioned, remove the flag and experience the lip-out fun. :)

As far as the head wind, the ball is going to experience wind resistance which will cause it to drop short so you have to find a formula to add yards to compensate for this friction. Equally, a tail wind will carry the ball so you'll need to subtract yards.

Realize, most masters here have an average around 64. These are the true masters of the game. Look at their games. -6 one game, -2 the next. That's just the way it goes.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:32 PM

TextMyPC:

Well,

On a real course, I'm sure you're not smashing the flag but have more power control over the shot which prevents it from ricocheting. As already mentioned, remove the flag and experience the lip-out fun. :)

As far as the head wind, the ball is going to experience wind resistance which will cause it to drop short so you have to find a formula to add yards to compensate for this friction. Equally, a tail wind will carry the ball so you'll need to subtract yards.

Realize, most masters here have an average around 64. These are the true masters of the game. Look at their games. -6 one game, -2 the next. That's just the way it goes.

Look at theirs? look at mine lol. I have a couple 80's, my best is a 62 (I think), and I still have a 67 average.  Golf is suck a messed up game.

• PAGES
RSS