Forums

Help › Forums

wolf creek opening?

Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:46 AM (8 replies)
  • erw24
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:06 AM

anyone know when wolf creek course is opening up for  play?  that looks like by far the most interesting course to play.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 10:02 AM

It probably isn't.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:14 AM

You can play Wolf Creek at TWO.... and shoot -38 for one round.

IMHO, I can think of 3 or 4 DOZEN courses I'd like to see open here before Wolf Creek.

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:00 PM

Yeah I don't see any of the CTTH courses ever opening up on here.  Even Pinehurst #8 is not the course you would want, #2 is the one.  I agree with Snaike, I can think of dozens of courses I would rather have on here before Wolf Creek.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:27 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but having played Kia Ocean Course, Sawgrass, Harbor Town, Doral, Pinehurst 2 & 8, and Wolf Creek IRL, Wolf Creek was by far the most interesting to play with Sawgrass giving it a run for it's money.

Yes there are some other courses I'd like to see such as Whistling Straits, Pebble, and Bandon Dunes, but they already have a jump start on Wolf Creek.  I for one would love to play it on here with championship tees and tourney greens.  You can put up -30 something on just about any course on TWO.  Playing it on WGT would be testy given the amount of water hazards coupled with meter spikes.  WGT could make a mint in lost balls but would probably get shredded in the forums.  LOL!

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:56 PM

Is Bandon Dunes on the Oregon coast?

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:25 AM

AGArgent:
    Is Bandon Dunes on the Oregon coast?

Yes it is.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:03 AM

I think WGT has said they will not transform any of the CTTH courses into full stroke play courses.  I think you can search the forums.

I've played Wolf Creek IRL and really thought it was a fun course.  I got to play the Pebble Beach courses (Pebble, Spyglass, Spanish Bay, and Poppy Hills) and Pebble is obviously an iconic course, which would be nice to have (and seems to appear in every golf game ever made).

Bandon Dunes is now #1 on my list of places to play, after I got to play Arcadia Bluffs in MI. Whistling Straits would be fun too.

As far as new courses, I honestly would play anything. But just for my own personal preference, I would like to see more tree-lined courses, as opposed to wide open ones. Something like Sahalee, Olympia Fields, or something like that.  I'm sure if WGT is operating in 2019, we'll get a nice list of Open courses :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_open_golf#Future_sites

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:46 AM

cyl6:
    Bandon Dunes is now #1 on my list of places to play, after I got to play Arcadia Bluffs in MI. Whistling Straits would be fun too.

I would say play Whistling Straits A.S.A.P. The PGA will not only be going there this year but in 2015 for the PGA and 2020 for the Ryder Cup.  I have played Bandon Dunes and it's a very fun course to play, but being that the PGA Championship is held at Whistling Straits and the town of Kohler is so nice to visit I would have to go with Whistling Straits.

RSS