Forums

Help › Forums

CHIPPING!!!!!! :@

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:14 AM (9 replies)
  • Bigdewp60
    5 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 4:08 PM

CHIPPING IS TERRIBLE! It says your 8 yards from the hole so you figure hti it about 10-12 yards..you do, perfect, it lands just on the fringe and STOPS! doesnt roll or anything! even if you put frontspin on the damn ball. Is that really how its suppose to be? Gimme a break

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 6:30 PM

Kinda gave up on chipping myself.

I prefer to go full swing with my wedge...full backspin...adjusting for power of course.

At least I end closer to the pin, often hitting it, with a short putt to finish.

Enjoy your play

Mike

• Vosfihalo
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 3:12 PM

Ditto here...I only chip when I am just off the fringe.  The flop shot hitting low on the ball has been good for me at close range.

• comebackcats
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 10:28 AM

Although I am still what you would classify as a beginner at this game, I have discovered the same thing as you.  I only recommend chipping if you are on the fringe and the chip distance is 12 yds or less!  >16yds, I recommend pitch or flop, although it seems as though flop shots never stop on demand like they should!

• phillipboomboom
    16 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 7:58 PM

don't have answer - just wanted to echo your comment - whoever wrote the chipping module for this program was asleep at he wheel - like others have said, use the putter, flop, pitch, kick it, just don't chip

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:16 PM

It depends what your chipping out of. If you chip out of rough, it wont go as far, but if you chip off the farway, it will go farther.

• Tarzanman
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 4:47 PM

try ''flopping'' a wedge.....works...and aim left as in real golf

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 6:24 PM

??? I always prefer chipping to pitching, unless there's too much fuzz in the way to allow for the shot.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 6:35 PM

If I'm in fairway grass, not too far below the green and my "caddie" (WGT) tells me to chip, I will chip.  But if I'm in the first or second cut of rough I'll just laugh at my "caddie" and use a pitch shot.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:14 AM

I love the chipping ~95% of my holed approach shots are chip-ins. I only pitch when I'm in 40/50 rough and less then 30 yards away.

RSS