Forums

Help › Forums

Max Spin Wedges

Sat, Jan 7 2023 1:30 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ButtPumper
    26 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:27 PM

Level 61 player here.  I've decided to drop my Hybrid and put 3 wedges in my bag.  I've been playing with (2) Ping Wedges for a short while now (200 Credit) 52W & 64W, but I'm contemplating putting all 3 Max Spin Wedges in my bag.

I haven't found any chatter in the forums on the Max Spin's.  Does anyone have all 3 of these wedges in their bag?  How are they working out?

Any advice on which 3 wedges I should have in my bag would be greatly appreciated.  Credits are not an issue, but I am limited to what's available to me at Level 61.

Thanks and happy golfing!

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 2:04 AM

Hi, id stick with ping wedges until you get to to 76 i think and are able to get the Cleveland wedges. The max wedges will throw your game off big time.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:11 AM

I would just add the 60 degree Ping at the present time and wait until you can get the higher level Clevelands. When you get at a high enough level to get the top Cleveland wedges get the 60 degree 80 yard wedge and the 64 degree 50 yard wedge. For me I never liked the 56 degree 100 yard wedge. I use the 54 degree 105 yard Ping or the 54 degree 110 yard Z Satin as my 3rd wedge. Unfortunately the Z Satin is no longer available. So you could do with the AVT wedge that replaced it. But like I said for now just add the 60 degree Ping, It will match your other wedges and are much easier to control the spin than the Max wedges. I would think that 5 dots of spin would just be too hard to control. the 4 1/2 dot spin on the higher level Clevelands  are fairly hard to learn but when you do they are awesome. I use no spin or only slight top spin with them, except on chips pitches and flops. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:36 AM

Can I just say that is nothing wrong with the AVT wedges. Although they impart less spin, I find them more accurate.  Not all Legends use Clevelands.

• ButtPumper
    26 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:27 AM

Thanks for all your input.  It is greatly appreciated!

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2013 8:55 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd just piggy back off of this one.

I just picked a 60 Max Wedge and have probably played 15 or so rounds with it. Judging by the dots, I figured it would be an improvement in the spin department, but nothing like what I have experienced, and I see why others have commented on this.

The Jump from 3 1/2 to 5, (I was coming from Cleveland) was just ridiculous.  I went from being able to two bounce and stop or so with the Clevelands on full shots, and I am playing Max balls at this time, to backing the ball up 60 feet off the green.

Its like the first twp dots dont even exist....I realize its way too late to be able to change or even plan for the future, but I really think the jump was done with no respect to scale.  I never experienced a four dot, or four and half dot wedge, so maybe I a missing something though...just wanted to see if anyone else thought this was accurate.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:56 PM

courteneyfish:
    Can I just say that is nothing wrong with the AVT wedges

Slower meter, more forgiveness and spin easier to control (I think)......however a long wait to unlock them, I reckon that's why most go for the  high Cleves ?

But as you say 'credits aren't an issue', so try everything.. :)

• Huwsive
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:23 AM

ButtPumper:

Level 61 player here.  I've decided to drop my Hybrid and put 3 wedges in my bag.  I've been playing with (2) Ping Wedges for a short while now (200 Credit) 52W & 64W, but I'm contemplating putting all 3 Max Spin Wedges in my bag.

I haven't found any chatter in the forums on the Max Spin's.  Does anyone have all 3 of these wedges in their bag?  How are they working out?

Any advice on which 3 wedges I should have in my bag would be greatly appreciated.  Credits are not an issue, but I am limited to what's available to me at Level 61.

I do exactly this and absolutely love them. I'm a sparodic lvl 66 player and have been playing with this set-up for years now. Loads of fun and loads of spin, even with starter balls.

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 2:06 PM

Iv had the 60yard max wedge 5 spin in the bag the longest of any of my clubs. If you use a ball that has low spin values then its a huge help around the greens and out of the rough. You will need to play shots with topspin when using lots of power, and even neutral spin with 50/75% will cause spin so mapping distances is crucial. I have tried the 75y and 100y in the past but found them not as accurate (maybe just me. Other wedges as advised are better in that range.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 7:15 AM
    Huwsive:

ButtPumper:

I do exactly this and absolutely love them. I'm a sparodic lvl 66 player and have been playing with this set-up for years now. Loads of fun and loads of spin, even with starter balls.

😐
  • PAGES
RSS