countries

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 2:47 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Roderik
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2009 1:59 AM

Dear All,

Just began playing this game with my freinds. When i created my profile i chose my country : the Netherlands. But now i found out that if you choose this you can play almost no tournaments. What is the reason for this?

Also when i create a new account and choose my country U.S then i  can play all. Als i can buy credits with a duch billing information. Will this give me problems in the future?

So what to do. I want to enjoy this game as much as Americans do :)

Sorry if this question is asked before.

Regards,

Roderik

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 2:20 PM

Hi Roderik, anyone can purchase credits to use in our Pro Shop, but currently only the following countries are eligible to play in prize tournaments: US, CA, UK, DE, AU, NO. We are working to open up to more countries, so stay tuned...

• Heliogabalus
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 10:47 AM

I agree 100% with my dutch colleague. Please expand your list of eligible countries asap - I'm sure there's lots of people hiding behind fake nationalities, just to be eligible to tournaments and prizes.

Thanks in advance for initiatives regarding this urgent issue.

• pomps73
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 1:12 PM

MEXICO SAYS +1

agree with that, im new on the site, but i can  not play tournaments!!!

tks

• IzzieNutz
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 4:46 AM

i have been playing on this site for 15 months and they have been saying for 15 months that they would expand countries "soon." I think the answer is they don't have enough revenue yet in the US to buy more server capacity.

• Serbon
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 8:18 AM

I guess am first golf player from Serbia. I cant play at Us open. WHY !!!!!!

Probably in Rl golfers may come to USA to play on tournament

• jollygreen
    20 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 11:27 AM

for players who cannot play tournaments on wgt, there is an option for you all to play on our ladders at wgt.agls.org .uk we also have a tournament section now that is functional, and a games arcade as well, come on in and sign up and meet our members, the site is free to join too

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 12:16 PM

REMOVED

• maxfri2109
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:26 AM

France says +1 too !!!

I have to choose another contries to play us open !!!! pfff

• mike_misza
    44 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:22 PM

Poland can not play tournaments too, although that is an ally USA.

Admin, please reply me - WHY?

Why Poland and few European country cant play tournament ???

• PAGES
RSS