Help › Forums

500 Hit Flagsticks

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 6 2010 2:35 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 2:31 PM

Doesn't mean a thing.  Nothing at all, except to point out that maybe I have too much time on my hands and maybe a distance problem.  The rest of my stats suck, but I can sure hit that stick. 

A shout out to hatch62, professional witness.

• INTERSECT
    43 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 2:45 PM

Congrats man. Well done.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:14 PM

500 Hit the flag sticks is good but you should try the cup it even gets you to the next hole faster.

Have Fun Chip

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:26 PM

Wow great job man, that's an awesome award to be flashing to everybody.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:48 PM

Amazing! 500, way to go! I checked mine, 342, so you are very safe. Great job! Oh, it does mean something, by the way.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:49 PM

Well based upon your ability to hit flagsticks so well, maybe you should take the approach that Johnny Miller did back in the 70's when you aimed left or right of the stick so as to not hit it and of course he got his yardages in 1/2 yard increments based upon his precision.............those are true believe it or not.  In my case I aim to the center of the green anytime I am more than 75 yards from the green and hope for the best.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:54 PM

TarheelsRule:
    In my case I aim to the center of the green anytime I am more than 75 yards from the green and hope for the best.

The Golden Rule...it takes 12s down to 5s...hit the fairway, hit the green, hit a nice lag...boring but effective

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 5:08 PM

Very true SP, a nice solid round of golf is very boring but that is what it takes.  I always tried to target my score for a 75 when I played which was 4 over par on by home course back then.  I would divide the course into 3 six hole rounds and target each segment with an even par or plus one to determine how I would get to my 75.  I think this helped you focus on a 3 hole segment rather than 18 at once.  You also knew that if you played a segment in over par that you had to pick it up on another segment so you could pick where you had to try to make your stroke up.  This strategy works for a 5 handicap player as well as a 20 handicap player.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 5:26 PM

TarheelsRule:

Very true SP, a nice solid round of golf is very boring but that is what it takes.  I always tried to target my score for a 75 when I played which was 4 over par on by home course back then.  I would divide the course into 3 six hole rounds and target each segment with an even par or plus one to determine how I would get to my 75.  I think this helped you focus on a 3 hole segment rather than 18 at once.  You also knew that if you played a segment in over par that you had to pick it up on another segment so you could pick where you had to try to make your stroke up.  This strategy works for a 5 handicap player as well as a 20 handicap player.

It is true. And what you lay out in advice can and should be applied here...it may be the only path to qualify for our two Opens...excellent advice!

• hatch62
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 8:49 PM

Well done my friend, and yes ive seen a few of the 500.     

CONGRADULATION'S  and GOOD LUCK ON THE THE NEXT 500

Hatch62

• PAGES
RSS