Forums

Help › Forums

Why is stroke play only available on a few courses

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:23 PM (7 replies)
  • JMartin1981
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:34 PM

Courses like Edgewood Tahoe or Wolf Creek are gorgeous. I would love to play 18 holes of just regular golf on them. "Closest to the hole" is just not very fun. Why can't we have those other courses? The same 4 courses tend to get boring after awhile.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 10:08 PM

As an estimate, Wolf Creek and Edgewood Tahoe were only partially photomapped for CTTH purposes and there wasn't enough time to complete them for stroke play.

• JMartin1981
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:00 AM

Will it happen eventually or do I have to keep dreaming?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:45 AM

overthetop2:

As an estimate, Wolf Creek and Edgewood Tahoe were only partially photomapped for CTTH purposes and there wasn't enough time to complete them for stroke play.

Yes, all course but Bethpage Black, Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course, St. Andrews, and Oakmont CC were taken for the sole purpose of Closest to the Hole.

• Sciron
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:16 AM

And what does that answer actually mean?

No, we're NOT going to be able to play stroke play on the other courses in the future !

OR

Yes, we're going to be able to play stroke play on the other courses in the future !

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:51 AM

Sciron:

And what does that answer actually mean?

No, we're NOT going to be able to play stroke play on the other courses in the future !

OR

Yes, we're going to be able to play stroke play on the other courses in the future !

It means that the courses which are not available for Stroke Play will never be. It's been said before by WGTniv, the pictures were taken with the purpose of Closest-to-the-Hole only.

• DiscGolfAddict
    120 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:58 AM

So get whoever off their ass...hand em a camera and get the rest of the pictures that need to be taken....taken....you dont really think that people dont want to play the rest of the courses in stroke play do you?? You think the 4 same old boring courses are going to keep people coming back to play? I have only been playing 2 weeks and already I am growing bored with the 3 courses I play because I hate Oakmont. I guess Id fiigure a way to get the rest playable as soon as I could If I was in charge.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:23 PM

If a few of you folks are bored already after only 2 or 3 weeks .... then WGT may not be your cup of tea.    Let me give you a bit of a timeline.

2008 ... only Kia Island Back 9 available

2009 ... Kia back 9 finally released

May 2009 ... BP 18 holes released --- oh and only starter clubs were available until 3Q 2009

Dec 2010 ... St Andrews front 9 released

June 2010 ... St Andrews back 9 / Oakmont 18 released

I don't expect a new course to be available until 2011 ... so you better find a way to fill up your days because I think you will be bored a long long long long time.    Unless of course you realize this is much like belonging to a private country club ... where you play the same course over and over again trying to master the course, hole by hole, shot by shot, until you can shoot really well .... then maybe you will enjoy yourself.

RSS