Forums

Help › Forums

StoneCold's Putting Clinic

Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:25 AM (96 replies)
  • DirtyBoot
    2 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 3:49 AM

"Taking the aimer hardly past the hole we see that it now says 11 feet 2 inches up as opposed to 1 inch up at the hole. Since WGT only shows full inch changes in elevation, a fraction of an inch will not be indicated."

Thanks for the post! I had not considered this, but it makes perfect sense!

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:51 AM

Excellent post. Thank you for "making it simpliar" to understand. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:06 AM

I must be dumb, because I don't understand the part where you talk about 'columns'.

Do you mean the vertical ( perpendicular ) line on the grid or do you mean the area defined by the two vertical lines on the grid ?

• EnglishRosey
    733 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:16 AM

What a mook, posting so everyone can see how Opens are won. I promise one day to actually read it ;)

• StoneColdKiller
    76 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:02 AM

Ang1K:

Question?

I recently bought the max putter over my low level ghost. If I read a putt correctly and I barely miss the dinger; 9 times out of 10 it will barely miss on the side I missed on. So, I don't know how/if missing intentionally will increase my odds of making more putts.  

If you read the part where i talk about this i say ' IF it seems likely...' , you don't have to always do it (even though i do it quite often). Putt trying to ding if you're comfortable that way but still, I recommend to at least do it when you're not sure especially on bendy ones.

Thanks for the other kind words. Glad I could help.

• StoneColdKiller
    76 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:05 AM

WGTicon:

stickied! :)

very very impressive. 

Thanks Icon, we all know how hard it is to impress you ;). Decent compliment.

• StoneColdKiller
    76 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:12 AM

pjctas0822:
    Again I have read this 10 times and I am now ready to change my name from 3puttpaul to 1puttpaul. Feeling motivated again TY.

Thanks for all the nice words. I can not stress enough how important it is to read this guide carefully (and multiple times if needed) . Especially the notes on every picture, enlarge it in a different window and 'see' what i mean in the comment for that picture.

Confidence is 90% of the battle, I make almost every putt i hit confidently.  No one will make every putt, but keeping the confidence level high is important. Good on you, good luck Paul.

• StoneColdKiller
    76 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:19 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Do you mean the vertical ( perpendicular ) line on the grid or do you mean the area defined by the two vertical lines on the grid ?

You are not dumb, it is hard to explain and hard to understand. Therefore i recommended to open the images, enlarge them, read what i have to say about them, and 'see' what i mean. It has to make sense to you for it to work for you.

To answer your question, it is the latter, the area defined by the two vertical (from ball to hole) lines from which your ball will go through when you hit the putt.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:12 PM

That is extremely decent of you to explain that to me SCK.

I so wanted to understand fully, because I believe you have given me the final piece to the constant jigsaw puzzle, that putting can be.

I am no bad putter, but realise there is always room for improvement.

Again my deeply felt gratitude for the time and effort you put into your post to help us numpties.

• nuaveb
    167 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:43 AM

Great piece of writing Stone I am encouraged to continue playing!

RSS