A Ryder Cup without Tiger?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 25 2010 3:09 PM (2 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:41 AM

From this article

ESPN:
    Tiger Woods won't get a free pass onto the U.S. Ryder Cup team, captain Corey Pavin said Sunday.

Pavin, who has four captain's picks in addition to eight automatic qualifiers for the 2010 American team, is taking a wait-and-see approach as Woods returns from a five-month hiatus from the sport.

We all know that Tiger's Ryder Cup performances have been, well, substandard... but to not have him there at all?

Wow...

Perhaps Pavin learned that the team has a better chance without him, like 2008 in Valhalla.  I can see leaving him off after knee surgery, but now that he's "healthy"?

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 11:27 AM

This is no disrespect to Tiger or the Tiger fan base , but I have personally enjoyed every PGA event this year , with or without Tiger. Come or Go , play or choose not too , it will still be a great Ryder Cup and the PGA will still be the PGA regardless.    JMO

"Ace"

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 3:09 PM

TheAceFactor:
    This is no disrespect to Tiger or the Tiger fan base , but I have personally enjoyed every PGA event this year , with or without Tiger. Come or Go , play or choose not too , it will still be a great Ryder Cup and the PGA will still be the PGA regardless

You know I was telling a bud of mine the other day that same exact thing, Without 100% coverage on TW now some doors have opened for other players. Lot of new champioins. Making the tour that much more exciting.

RSS