Forums

Help › Forums

sick of this meter stutter

Tue, Feb 4 2014 1:02 PM (29 replies)
  • slillico
    393 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 8:31 AM

For a couple of months or so I have been using the beta flash.

Its not perfect all the time but warns you when the cache needs to be cleaned by acting wonky.

It is also a much smaller download, so who knows whats being included in the full version. Also disable automatic update, selected when installing.

I would uninstall all versions of flash before using this, also check to make sure nothing is calling home adobe reader and IE is a major culprit there. Shutdown all unnecessary startup programs. Usually you can do this with msconfig or task manager.

Get and use ccleaner, it's free and safe. In options, include, add the following directories, where it says YOU use your information for your computer and current user:

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\*.*

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\*.*

Uninstall all the browsers you have installed trying to find a good meter, IE cannot be uninstalled but its fine when not running, all the others are calling home when not in use.

After all this I can pretty much use any browser, but avoid Chrome and IE. They call home to much and any server lags on their end will wreak havoc on your meter I'm sure.

Are you using a 32 or 64 bit machine? Right click computer in control panel, system type =?

Match the browser type. If you have a 64 bit system use a 64 bit browser.

Browsers:

Palemoon My choice has a 64 bit version

Comodo

Firefox has a 64 bit version

I did not like maxthon, meter was fine, but had privacy concerns.

Also play in full screen is much better, higher processor priority is given, you have to exit in and out of full screen to chat.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:30 AM

Mariho:

sick of this meter stutter 

Meter stutter is almost entirely an issue related to your computer. WGT can't do the maintenance on your computer needed to make the meter move smoothly.

If you have a bunch of applications running in the background, tons of temporary internet files in memory, a clogged up Flash Player cache, a bunch of other tabs open, don't let the CPU settle before starting the downswing, etc - the meter will never be smooth on your computer.

First, test to see how well your computer does at playing Flash - Flash Benchmark Test site

With the game client page open you can clear the Flash Player cache if you, right click on the screen, in the pop box up click on Global Settings, in the next pop up click on Delete All, and then in the next pop up click on Delete Data. Note: You can also right click in the Play Now tab and do the same thing, but once the game client page is open I recommend closing all other tabs and windows before right clicking in the game client page.

You can also improve meter performance by the choice of game Options you use.

I turn off most of the Options.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:53 AM

slillico:
    I did not like maxthon, meter was fine, but had privacy concerns.

My reason for not liking Maxthon  was the smaller screen size than Comodo Dragon when not in full screen.

• BernieTheEvil
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2014 5:55 PM

I wish they'd make a HTML5 version.
    There is a sea change turning against Flash from both browsers and users alike.
    Its just not consistent in its performance across different systems and versions, so if the choice of software affects the majority of users, even if its not WGT code that's causing the slowdown, they might need to look at alternative solutions.

The flash changes to Chrome recently have ruined it in that browser (Even when you disable Chrome's new own flash to use Adobe flash), and I've found it pretty bad in Firefox as well.

I'm using IE 11 a the moment with flash 12 - which seems the best but is still stuttering in places

All were fine before the Chrome changes and the Flash 12 upgrade (IE and Firefox)

There nothing wrong with the performance settings on the computer, the flash benchmark was 20180 (only struggling on the ultra test), and its pretty ridiculous to expect people to need to tune their computer for a relatively simple flash game anyway

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2014 6:55 PM

ApexPC:
    First, test to see how well your computer does at playing Flash - Flash Benchmark Test site

A very Interesting test....lol

I started playing the game back in 2010 and I'm still using the same Puter with no upgrades.

My meter most of the time is pretty good...  I do get the stutters and also get the odd meter stutter...lol   not forgetting the dreaded dead stop short of ding.

Except for the dead stop...  because I'm using equipment with slow meter speeds, I can see em and just have a fresh air shot and then the 2nd time meter goes through ok.

I did the test...  it started in a new tab....  failed the Med test...  score of 7978

Closed the Wgt tab.... still failed the Med test...  score of 8410

Back in 2010...  We didn't have any Adds that loaded in and a perfect meter all the time...    when they started, then the meter stutters started. I do have Addblock now that stops that,  but in a game that's a different thing.

The game is getting too big and loading in heaps of information now.  What the game does, it preloads alot of info...  This is hapenning when you are playing your shots,  which can cause the meter stutters if you don't have powerful Puters.

I know in Multi player games....  when we all try and play our shots quick (well most of us...lol)  It might be a good idea to just slow down a bit, so all the info Wgt is loading in takes time to finish.... within reason.   

This is not a dig at Wgt....   just another small idea to help some.....  and I do need a Faster Puter....lol

Have Fun

Roger

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2014 7:51 PM

Macs using Safari are perfect. Google Chromebook using Chrome is excellent.

• dyashpal
    286 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:26 AM

Hi friend,

I have encountered many players , including myself with same problems while I as with Google Chrome and the Pepper Flash came into contention.

Anyway I switched to Comodo Dragon [believe] Mexthon/Firefox browsers are also good.

Also as we use our PC/Comps for many other things we are cluttering up various operating parameters - so - I use CCleaner / Glary Utilities {free software} to clean and tweak my system.

I think you will not cuss WGT again.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 3:14 PM

it was fine yesterday and before for a long time, but just today it went crazy. This happens every once in a while, and the only thing you get from this forum is to do things that do not work to fix it. Clear cache, I see no change. Deleting flash cache, just makes you relogin over and over again, and also reset your game settings. Telling me to switch to Chrome is worse than using Firefox. It runs just as good as IE any version, and I have in last few months heard complaints about Chrome issues. Then there is Maxthon, and that one is the worst to use, not as bad meter, just having the game in almost in a full screen tab. I rather have a separate window for the game. To do 2 or 3 extra steps in Maxthon to get the separate window is not worth the time. More of a hassle to do it every single time you come to the site to play.

All I recommend is to hang tight with what you got set that did work good, if it did, and you will eventually have good smooth meter. All the people on this forum and wgt will just tell you to tweak your computer, and then to try out other browsers. Like me, I have done everything suggested on this site, and still Firefox is the best that works with meter, even with every once and a while jerks of meter. I just keep coming back to Firefox. So why keep doing things that do nothing to fix the meter in the first place?

Just so you make these people feel good for suggesting something?

skccvb:

Macs using Safari are perfect. Google Chromebook using Chrome is excellent.

Great, that is all we need, is to start a Mac war. Chromebooks are the cheapest of the cheapest out in the market. Chromebooks are on cloud with no hard drive. Just Flash Drive space. You end up buying an external hard drive, and they end up being pricey too.

• BernieTheEvil
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:59 PM

I've noticed Chrome is back to being smooth again today, and its great - I can finally make some putts again

Maybe the fixed PepperFlash?

Version 32.0.1700.102 m

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:28 PM

Games4Ever71:
    Then there is Maxthon, and that one is the worst to use, not as bad meter, just having the game in almost in a full screen tab. I rather have a separate window for the game. To do 2 or 3 extra steps in Maxthon to get the separate window is not worth the time. More of a hassle to do it every single time you come to the site to play.

It's 2 clicks to get Maxthon into full screen mode in a separate window. 

RSS