Help › Forums

Honourable Players

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 22 2010 11:01 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 12:53 PM

I hear a lot of complaining about players who quit or hold up play to force others to forfeit and have been on the recieving end of it myself. So to act as an antidote I thought I'd tell of someone who acted in the opposite fashion:

I was playing a match play round with a random player matchup and his connection was very slow. It got to the stage where I was waiting around for up to 2 minutes every shot.

I said that I couldn't keep waiting around and he agreed. Then, before I could say any more, he disconnects and forfeits the game in my favour.

I would like to name this honourable player but it may breach the forum rules so I wont.

Just remember, there are good people out there!

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 1:13 PM

Yes there are.  That's when you click "add as friend" and bingo!  Another non-quitter!

Thanks for sharing!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 1:54 PM

I think you're allowed to profess your man/woman love for another player here in the forums.

It's just the negative stuff that WGT doesn't like.

Cheers.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 2:18 PM

ComplexP:
    I would like to name this honourable player but it may breach the forum rules so I wont.

The moderators may correct me but I don't think naming honorable members in a positive way would breach the forum's guidelines. As a matter of fact, other member's name are often posted in the threads.

It is normally when frustrated members are dissing other members by publicly posting their alias that the moderators intervene. At that point, the post is edited and the person is asked to report any abuse to members@worldgolftour.com instead of publicly.

But I agree with Lee, a good way is to add them as friends, and also to write on their wall too. My WGT friends are all great finishers, at least when I played with them! ;)

Rob

EDIT: Oops! ...mar you were too quick! ;)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 2:32 PM

Genius! My favorite type of player is the one that doesn't play! 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 5:22 PM

Pleasant suprise... thanks for posting =)

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 7:30 PM

I would like to name myself as an honorable player. Is that allowed:)?

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 11:53 PM

SkeeterZ71:

I would like to name myself as an honorable player. Is that allowed:)?

Perhaps this could be the thread for naming non friend players who have played in an honourable way? Not sure if you are allowed to nominate yourself though lol.

Since the general consensus seems to be that naming people for good things is ok, I'll say that the guy's name was footjay.

Well done to you sir and may others follow your example!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 8:35 AM

You will see on WGT as in life there are good ppl as well as not so nice. As someone suggests if you find a class player and person add them as a friend. Theres nothing wrong to giving people kudos on here. There s plenty of good ppl behind the scenes doing their own thing.   

It must of been Livitri you were playng with. Such a nice guy.

GL

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 10:20 AM

I have to add onto Lee's comments about "Add As Friend".... I also accumulated over more than a year's time a solid "Friends" list and it got that way through only one method - if I played a round with someone and we had a nice game AND everyone acted honorably.  It's formed a nice "Core Base" of reliable players - and I furthered that when forming my Country Club Membership base.

EVEN SO - I will ALWAYS enjoy meeting new people and playing a round - and will often accept invites when requested for a game - though bear in mind if I do not reply or DECLINE it is often because I am either AWAY from my computer or wrapped up in something else.

I do get the stray "Friends Request" from someone unknown to me (questing for the "Socialite Award"?).  I tend to decline these in order to keep "known reliables/enjoyables" on my list.  On occasion, I HAVE added a friend solely because of productive exchanges in the FORUMs.  In short - if you want to add me as a Friend - Invite me for a game!  (NOTE:  The second you start panhandling or asking for gifts, it is Curtains for You.... LOL)

Best Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• PAGES
RSS