Forums

Help › Forums

mIRC presents "kicking it old school"

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 23 2010 10:20 AM (7 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 6:42 PM

Due to demand being put on my shoulders once again.... I am proud to be announce the "kicking it old school" tournament this Saturday night May 22nd in mIRC.

For those of you who are not aware of what mIRC is. more info can be found here

Rules of Play

The format is very simple. The tournament will consist of 3 9 hole accumulative rounds. Play will consist of 2 player teams. Best ball format. Lowest accumulative score will be deemed winner.

BUT :)

As there is always a but to everything. Only WGT Starter clubs will be allowed to be used during play. All rounds will however be played from the shortest tees. Round specs will be announced the night of the tourney in the mIRC room.

Teams will be put together by myself in the mIRC chat room 15-20 mins prior to tee off time. I have done every mIRC tourney to date this way and no complaints of my team pairings thus far :)

How do I join mIRC?

The answer to that question is very simple. The link posted below is a direct link to the channel. All you have do is type in your nickname and hit "connect"

mIRC link

other options to joining the room can be found on the previous link i posted. I suggest keeping it simple and using the direct link i gave.

When do we play?

The tournament is scheduled for May 22nd. That is this coming Saturday. Tee time is at 8:30 pm EST time. That is 7:30 CT and 5:30 PST. I ask that if you are interested in playing to be in the channel 30mins prior to tee time. That gives me plenty of time to make teams and make sure everyone knows round specs and rules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be a fun time. Everyone is welcome to play. We hope to see you all there. Always some stout competition to be had in these quick tournaments. Winning team will be rewarded as always. If you have any questions shoot me a post.

Rob

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 3:53 PM

Tourney is tomorrow night. Mark your calendar!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 6:47 PM

Marked ... :)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 12:07 PM

Tourney kicks off tonight. 8pm est hope to see you all there

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 7:49 PM

Hope you mooks had fun. Had to work the W/E :(, but it'll be nice on payday.

Don't forget to re-equip. you bag after tourney. Hate to see someone enter a RG w/ starter gear.

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 8:00 PM

Hey roberta....Jim and i won in SD second hole w/ a bird..congrats to bada&slash also for the SD match...not sure what sleeve jim wants..but u know how i like 'em..and make 'em blue :o)...thanks for all these fun tournys....

~you're beautiful step son

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 9:23 PM

Not the biggest turn out this go around, but nevertheless I hope everyone had a good time

Congrats to Jim and Kosei

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 10:20 AM

Quality not quantity! Thanks for the tourney last nite rob really enjoyed it!

RSS