Sat, May 15 2010 4:43 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MrMonavie
    4 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 1:09 AM

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 4:53 AM

You say you play every morning but I see you have not posted a round since the 9th.

If you do not post the round the awards do not count so the next time you play you get them again and then you do not post.....................see the problem.

As soon as you post one round the awards will go away until the next level.

Happy hitting

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 5:55 AM

Soulcatcher:
    You say you play every morning but I see you have not posted a round since the 9th

The FBI in peace and war/ Because you do not see it posted does not mean he does not play every morning. I know you will not believe this, but a lot of players do  not putt out.

As far as his beef----He is 102% right. Who ever thought of this reward program must be a frustrated golfer who always wanted someone to give him/her a medal. No need for that junk medal stuff. You get a hole in one, give an award, you  get 5 birdies, give an award. You play with reg clubs and beat the "masters", give an award.

Now, happy hitting to you

• bryan24
    68 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 10:21 AM

I am not a big poster to the boards but I do have a simple reply to this one.  Please WGT so not add any more awards.  In fact I think you can safely delete a few of them..... thanks and happy golfing everyone.  ( I will be at St. Andrews)

bryan

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 10:48 AM

x1524807:

The FBI in peace and war/ Because you do not see it posted does not mean he does not play every morning. I know you will not believe this, but a lot of players do  not putt out.

You miss the point.

I am not saying that he is not playing...in fact it is the reverse.

If you do not putt out, the round does not count (as far as WGT is concerned).

So therefore you will keep getting the awards until you post a round and have WGT recognize the awards.

Hope that clears it up for you.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 12:17 PM

x1524807:
    Because you do not see it posted does not mean he does not play every morning. I know you will not believe this, but a lot of players do  not putt out.

And these players will see awards time after time after time after time, etc...

Just because you EARN the awards while you're playing, you don't get to KEEP them til the last putt hits the bottom of the cup.  After you KEEP them, you won't see them again until you do something to EARN another one.... then you'll have to putt out to KEEP that one as well.

This is really not that hard to understand.

Besides, if you're not putting out every game and recording every score (ie, cherry-picking your scores) you'll make it to Master much faster than you should... and you'll be on these forums screaming and whining about it being too hard and that you need to be sent back down.

Back to the point.  SoulCatcher is right.  The awards STOP when you POST (FINISH) a round.  If you don't putt out don't be surprised to see the same awards everytime.

You have no one else to blame.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 4:43 AM

Snaike:
    You have no one else to blame.

Why is it so hard for you boys to understand. My point was that the detective soul catcher, who might be an FBI agent, pointed out that this man had not played, even though the man said he did play. To me it seems he was calling the man a liar, which any ordinary brain could see. I was simply pointing out that the man is possibly playing, even though it does not show on his record. It seemed to me that the man needed a competent defense attorney, and I showed up. Now that I have defended him, I must defend myself. What a screwy forum we have

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 11:50 AM

*sigh

I guess I have to break it down.

Soulcatcher:

You say you play every morning but I see you have not posted a round since the 9th.

The posted part is key. I am not saying that he is not playing. I am saying that he is playing and not posting the round.

Soulcatcher:

If you do not post the round the awards do not count so the next time you play you get them again and then you do not post.....................see the problem.

This explains why he keeps earning the awards round after round.

Soulcatcher:

As soon as you post one round the awards will go away until the next level.

This tells him how to rectify the problem.

Soulcatcher:

Happy hitting

This is me being nice.

The O.P. understood, that is why he changed the name of the thread.

Now do you understand???

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:22 PM

Don't stop the awards just give us the option to switch them off

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:40 PM

Soulcatcher:
    Now do you understand???

LOL-That was classic, SC. Very nicely done.

• PAGES
RSS