WGT is not a country.

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 10 2010 2:02 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 9:57 PM

It's a website.

Let's not get TOO cocky about our by-laws.

WGT is a website that operates in the United States. This meaning that all of the United States laws are applicable to WGT as they are to the Users of WGT.

This IS a warning. Indubitably.

Let's NOT get TOO cocky.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 11:14 PM

Right now, even if I wanted, I could not get too COCKY...I need to recharge...getting old...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 11:57 PM

Let me try to help you, Smason...  And please take this message in the spirit in which it was intended.

You seem to think that WGT owes you something.  They don't.  You seem to think that you can come into their world and expect them to play by your rules.  They won't.  You seem to think that any of us give a purple fig about your 'warnings'.  We don't.

This is WGT.  You're right about one thing, they are not a Country.  They are a PRIVATE ENTERPRISE.  They are a 'for-profit' corporation.  They make money.  And if they don't like you or your money, they can kick you out of here at anytime for any reason or cause. They have a list of Terms and Conditions that you agree to everytime you log on.

Let me quote a very important part of these T&C... so important that it is the first paragraph, in all caps: 

T&C:
    THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW .... GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS SITE ... AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING ON YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY EACH OF THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW. ....YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR CONSENT TO SUCH CHANGES.
    (emphasis mine)

Let me break that down to you in terms that you would understand, SMason77, and it's very simple....

This is WGT's world and we play by THEIR rules.  By logging on, you agree to play by THEIR rules, too.  And, according to the T&C, not Snaike, if you don't like it, don't log on.

They can pretty much do any thing they want.  Should you violate the T&C they can and will terminate your account, having you forfeit all money spent and all credits earned...and you know what?  You agree to let them do that by simply logging on.

What I find extremely amusing is that someone can come onto WGT and, with the T&C in plain view, think that these rules do not apply to them because they are somehow 'special'. 

Someday you will realize the fact that this site is WGT's world, and in WGT's world you have to play by WGT's rules.  

If you don't, you get another ban, perhaps the next one for you is permanent.

How's that for 'COCKY'?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:03 AM

Gotta love Snaike...fact of life

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:28 AM

I'll show you in a court of law.. if it comes to that.. you can even bring SP on a leash if you wish.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:42 AM

LOL... ok.  First though, make sure your legal team reads the standard T&C for this site.  I don't know if the fine folks at Willy's Liquor and Law are up on current standards and practices.

Oh, and I don't need to leash SP.  She's USC Law, she carries a 7 handicap, and she's bringing the briefcase with the hammer in it.

Really though, and I mean this sincerely... thank your for a great laugh.  You are just too funny!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:50 AM

LMAO! NO further comment is necessary but I will elaborate regardless. 

I AM my Legal team. USC? LOL!! That's Hilarious! USC is known for politics. Not LAW.

I'm glad that you believe that you are privy to the last laugh. You can barely form a sentence.. and from what i've seen of SP ... you're BOTH doomed in a court of law.

I can only hope that neither of you represent WGT (we all know that you don't).. but it's funny how hard you try! ;)

Good Luck!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:58 AM

Ok... Have a nice day.  =)

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 12:59 AM

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 7:53 AM

I don't think anyone has any idea what either of you are talking about .... but i guess it's a given a new supreme court justice was nominated today.

Regardless - there's only one way to get to the bottom of whatever it is your talking about and here it is.

• PAGES
RSS