Forums

Help › Forums

Learn more about country clubs

Tue, May 18 2010 7:33 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 5:42 PM

Information about the new Country Clubs feature and how to use can be found in our latest blog post here.  Be sure to check it out, and then create or join a club!

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 5:59 PM

Sorry WGT Admin-type-person for hijackin' your thread.. but I was wonderin'... how does one go about gettin' signed on by a club already together.. would i have to 'apply' to those i would like to join.. or just wait for an invite by a club owner??? I dont want to just 'crash a club' to get in...The info on that Club page did not specify on how to get in one... Any help or guidance to the info would be appreciated...

Thnx in advance....

ps... great job with the game...

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:16 PM

sylver,

Just click on the country club you are interested in and click the "Request Membership" button.  That will notify the owner that you are interested.  If you think you might be imposing yourself in doing so it might be a good idea to contact the owner on his/her wall and ask for permission to join.

You can also just wait until you receive an invite from one of your friends or you can even create your own club for a 50c fee and send out the invites yourself.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:38 PM

Quote "The current limit on enrollment in any Country Club is 15 members. Soone we'll be providing options for upgrading your club, which will include the ability to increase the number of members you can have in your club."

"Upgrading" as in paying extra I presume?  when will those details be released?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 11:00 PM

That is correct.  There will be nominal fees associated with upgrading your club in various ways.  Specific details will probably not be released until the next phase of CC's is ready to go, which as of this moment is still TBA. 

I'm sorry that we cannot go into more specific details in advance, but some information could be considered sensitive to some parties if it's released too early.  Anything that is tentatively decided now may be tweaked many times before the final version is released, sometimes just a few days prior to the release going live.  Since things do change at the last minute we do not wish to put ourselves in a position where we set false expectations and are then forced to disappoint members by telling them specific features we "promised" suddenly can't be released.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:18 AM

WGTniv:
    Since things do change at the last minute we do not wish to put ourselves in a position where we set false expectations and are then forced to disappoint members by telling them specific features we "promised" suddenly can't be released.

I can buy that.  CC to me is an "extra" type feature, nice to have.  Knowing that WGT has made MAJOR commitments to the USGA and R&A partners for June 1st, I was quite surprised you released anything other than Oakmont or the back nine at SA.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:45 PM

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx

• RvSwede
    5 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 2:07 AM

Curious if there is any way to add one of the CC members to also help be a moderator as far as taking care of the CC?  Thanks in advance.

• Martin260
    10 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 3:47 AM

can you join more than one CC

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 6:10 AM

@Martin,

NO

But you can leave a club if you wish to join another.

Cheers

• PAGES
RSS