Forums

Help › Forums

st. andrews wind

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 2 2010 4:40 PM (4 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 9:10 PM

posted a query a few days ago and received almost no response.  PLEASE can we play st. andrews just once in awhile without 25-30 mph winds and very fast greens, every other course in the ready go tourneys have varying wind and green speeds, why not st. andrews.

would appreciate a response from WGT about that.

thanks.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:41 PM

haji97071:
    would appreciate a response from WGT about that
    Try emailing them.  members@worldgolftour.com if you need it.

Why would you want to play St Annies with no wind... do you want to see people shooting 25-26?  Short courses like that need all the wind and green undulations that they have... it's their only defense.

• JAMMINJ
    8 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:13 PM

Agreed.  I dont mind the wind that mutch -- just kinda wonder how it can be in your face for almost the entire round.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:28 PM

JAMMINJ:

Agreed.  I dont mind the wind that mutch -- just kinda wonder how it can be in your face for almost the entire round.

The wind on every hole and course is actually random, I think. But, were you really playing St Andrews, the first 8 holes play out in the same direction. so if you face the wind on the 1st tee, then you will face it until 9. Then the back 9 plays mostly back parallel to the front 9, so you would have the wind at your back.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:40 PM

haji97071:

posted a query a few days ago and received almost no response.  PLEASE can we play st. andrews just once in awhile without 25-30 mph winds and very fast greens, every other course in the ready go tourneys have varying wind and green speeds, why not st. andrews.

would appreciate a response from WGT about that.

thanks.

There have been a few rounds with low to moderate winds at St. Andrews. Mainly in a couple of the weekly unlimiteds.

RSS