Help › Forums

Single v. Unlimited Play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 17 2009 2:18 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2008 4:28 PM

Some of you have expressed confusion as to when you can play a tournament many times, and when you can play only once. We're working on updating graphics and descriptions to make it more clear, so look for the changes in the coming days.

Single Play Tournaments - One Chance to Play

All Stroke Play tournaments are single play tournaments, which means you can play only once. This is true whether the tournament is Leaderboard- or Sweepstakes-based. If you close your game client in the middle of a game, or choose "SAVE", you will be asked to resume or forfeit the next time you open the game client. You must choose "RESUME" if you want to post a score. If you choose "FORFEIT", you will not post a score, nor will you be allowed to play again. Please note that choosing "END ROUND" automatically forfeits your entry and you will not be able to play the stroke play tournament again.

Unlimited Play Tournaments - Play Many Times

All Skill Challenge tournaments are unlimited play tournaments, which means you can play as many times as you like during the tournament period. This is true whether the tournament is Leaderboard- or Sweepstakes-based.

Alex

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2008 4:50 PM

I HIGHLY disagree with once chance to play.  This is like telling the pros they have only one round in a stroke play tourney.  It's a fucking TOURNAMENT for God's sake.  Let us play 4 rounds like any other tourney.

I don't know where or why you come up with this one round rule but it's complete bull kaka.  It's unfair, retstrictive, and most definitely takes our money for paid tourneys.  If you want to raise the ante for paid tourneys, I don't mind.  That's my decision but I expect to get my four rounds!  Damnit!  I EXPECT it!

Pete

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2008 4:55 PM

Do make a "limited" stroke play paid tourney to 4 rounds.  Make an "unlimited" stroke play to free rounds just like skills and cut down on prize money.

You wanna make some money?  Do it that way.  I'd use the word "draconian" in some of your current practices and I wouldn't be far off.

You know what you've got going for you?  Prize money.  You know what you've got going against you?  A FAIR chance to compete.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2008 5:19 PM

Hi Pete,

Allowing unlimited play in stroke play tournaments is something we are exploring. For now, without a playoff system in place, this was the behavior we decided to go with.

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2008 3:21 PM

I understand but understanding doesn't mean I like it.  So my normal question............Approximately WHEN will this issue be addressed?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2008 11:47 AM

We don't have an ETA, but it will be prioritized against all the other improvements we are working on.

• ScottSpivey
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2008 8:14 PM

pete, you are ridiculous and rude.

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2008 9:53 AM

Thanks Alex.  Appreciate it.

Pete

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2008 5:56 AM

I'd really prefer to never see Unlimited Stroke Play rounds. 

I agree with Pete that multi-round tournaments would be a nice addition, but unless you guys want to turn this into Tiger Woods Online, leave Unlimited Stroke Play out please.

• average
    11 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2008 1:51 AM

lol......at least tiger woods had more than one 9 freakin hole tourney,come on now whats goin on ,and a couple of tourneys a month...whats that.is the goal to be the total opposite because thats already been accomplished....so lets play some real golf.

this game has alot of potential but it has been wasted.this could have compared to T.W.but something definately went wrong

btw ..if this is a beta why do i need credits to join real tourneys,its all about money...why in the world would i pay to play a beta.a 9 hole beta at that ...what a joke .

great job on the 9 holes but you are missing the game to go with them.

Merry christmas!!!!

and sorry for being so blunt i appreciate the hard work you ppl put in

• PAGES
RSS