Forums

Help › Forums

Blue Bar

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:07 PM (4 replies)
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 11:35 AM

Been playing over a year now and never could understand the blue bar that goes from player to hole. Most of the time it don`t make sense. Look at the flag and wind direction, and look where it puts me.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 12:12 PM

Does this happen to you a lot or only on certain courses?  The aimer line should be on top of the stick pretty much every time.

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 12:27 PM

Happens all the time on every course. Sometimes it goes completely from left to right, horizontal on the screen. I only guessed that it was suppose to help you line up. If the wind is right at 30 mph, isn`t it suppose to be a tool to help you line up, and go to the left of the hole?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 12:56 PM

It's not intended to be an aid, just an aiming line.  Normal behavior would be like in the picture below.  As soon as the shot loads the aimer is already on top of the flag.  If you are hitting off the tee it should be in the center of the fairway.

I've seen some occasions where the aimer did not match up exactly where it's supposed to, but those situations are usually few and far between, not an every hole thing as you mentioned.   When was the last time you cleared your browser & flash caches by chance?

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:07 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it happs on zoom only.The reason why I thought it was an aid is because the blue line is an arc, then when you move the target marker right or left the arc eventually becomes one line and blends together. That`s where I thought you were suppose to use it . I never did but whats the point in having the blue line match up into one staight line? EErrr it`s hard to explain what i`m trying to say.

RSS