Help › Forums

3rd hole in 1 in 9 days

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:30 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 11:46 AM

Git, it was painful.  Never came that close, my buddy hit 1 when we played and that was some serious joy (he lipped out later in the day playing round 2 on the same hole).  Mine from what I could see checked at the hole (looking at the ball mark).  The worst part, we all thought it was in.  The ball was directly at the pin from our view, so you couldn't see the ball.  Only until we walked about 40 yards did we see it hanging on the lip.  I was still happy for the birdie, and to date was my best round (I consider, I have shot lower but on lesser courses), unfortunately after that hole, we all know whats coming, hole 15, yuck.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:36 PM

Hey ND, thanks for making the post about KI #8!  I studied all 3 of your hole-in-one replays.  Saw where the ball landed on the green and that all 3 were left to right winds.

Set up a ranked, stroke play, multi-player on KI with duffer66, but messed up and selected the back 9.  Asked him on the 10th if we could restart on the front 9.  He said OK, so we restarted on the front 9.

I tell him how you aced #8 3 times in 24hrs and how I studied your shot.  We get to #8 and have a 6mph at 4:30 wind.  I tell duff where to land his shot and he hits a little too hard and is 10 ft. past the pin.  My turn.  I aced it!!  Duffer says "get outta here, ns!"

LOL

Thanks again.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:48 PM

Awesome ace.  But It wasnt 3 times in 24 hours, 9 days actually.  That wind is ideal.  Great shot.  The down side, beware of being like 2yds shorter on slow greens, that shot stays up leaving the worst down hill slider on slow greens.  Was that your first?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:58 PM

neildiamond11790:
    But It wasnt 3 times in 24 hours, 9 days actually.

Ok, I need to read the titles from now on...LOL

It was my first in a ranked round, had one in a multi player practice round, and I've had one IRL playing with my son and my brother at Pine Meadow in Libertyville, Illinois.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 1:58 PM

neildiamond11790:
    I was still happy for the birdie, and to date was my best round

I guess I would of wound up being happy with the birdie too.The way I play I would of been very happy with the bird in any situation.

Way to go on the Aces'...

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 2:02 PM
    I still don't have one in stroke play on here. I have had 3 in match play but for whatever reason they don't count on here. I have 3 in real life which are much more satisfying than pretend but I don' want at least one on here that I can save and show off.....I'm sure that if I make one it will be in multiplayer.
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:46 AM

Tar, thats one of my biggest gripes in this game, there are no match play stats. 

On another note, got #4, but on a different hole (yeah!!!) Kiaw #14.  Hit it, walked away after the click came back to computer 5 minutes later, and saw the scorecard screen, thought someone snuck in and hit my putt.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:30 AM

I understand that some stats can't count from match play since you don't always finish 9 or 18 holes.  However stuff like long putt, long drive, aces, etc should still count.  It may be to difficult to select things out of a round and not other things, like fairways, scoring average etc. but hopefully WGT will figure it out.

• PAGES
RSS