Forums

Help › Forums

um Inteseting

Sun, Jun 17 2012 11:31 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • matdal
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:13 PM

It is amazing that WGT says you don't need this or that number to play in the open but et they hae a cut line. Now I am watching Live at the US Open right now ad not one those pros have shot in the 50's lke some of them here. WGT ou are dishonest and rally need to investigate those individuals if the pros can't do it, these people can what a bunch o crap sir.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:16 PM

Is your keyboard missing some letters?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:24 PM

GETTY IMAGES/THINKSTOCK

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:26 PM

matdal:
    WGT ou are dishonest and rally need to investigate those individuals if the pros can't do it, these people can what a bunch o crap sir.

Is this another of those "They play better than me so they must be cheating" posts?

You've been here since April 2009 but have less than 60 ranked rounds.

If you played more often and read the tips and hints that all those STELLAR SCORERS have posted you too can someday shoot a 59 for 18 holes.

Danny

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:35 PM

matdal- you're thinking this is a golf game. This is a golf-themed computer game. Two totally different things. The scores are not real life, just like the game is not real life.

From the tourney qualifier here:

"This is the main event of the 2012 Virtual U.S. Open on WGT, the Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier features 18 holes of full strokeplay golf on the The Olympic Club, host of this year's U.S. Open. One lucky sweepstakes player, regardless of their score, will win the Grand Prize trip to the 2013 U.S. Open. In addition, the top 156 scores (plus ties) will advance to the Virtual U.S. Open Championship tournament, where they will compete for a second Grand Prize trip to the 2013 U.S. Open. Anyone can play for free, but only residents of certain countries are eligible to win prizes."

There is no mention of a score needed because no particular score is needed. You'll have to record one of those unrealistic computer game scores to win the prize on merit but you can shoot any score and possibly win the sweepstakes prize (if you're lucky enough to be in a country where winning is allowed).

Nothing dishonest at all. It seems very straightforward.

• matdal
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 5:02 PM

No it is not just another of those posts, I resent that, I am 57 years old and Just says it the way I sees it danny, sorry if living in a country where there is freedom of speech bugs you.

I still love this game anyway.

• matdal
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 5:04 PM

No they are all there, sometimes I type too fast.

• matdal
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 5:04 PM

Thank You

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 5:57 PM

matdal:

No it is not just another of those posts, I resent that, I am 57 years old and Just says it the way I sees it danny, sorry if living in a country where there is freedom of speech bugs you.

I still love this game anyway.

OK so I am the same age as you what does being 57 have to do with anything , except maybe our reaction time is a little slower. 

What part of my post do you resent? 

The part where I suggested you maybe could take some direction from some of those better players to improve your own game?

Or maybe the part where It sounded like you were accusing WGT or some players of being dishonest or even, dare I say it, cheating?

There is nothing about free speech in your post, you are free to say almost anything you like unless it is slanderous, or hateful. 

In your first post you implied that WGT and/or players here were somehow cheating because they had better scores than actual real pro golfers, and my free speech entitles me to question your statements.

It's a COMPUTER GAME not real golf and as such it is easy when you understand the mechanics of the game to score those kind of scores.

Even I, at our age and lessened reaction times, can hit the occasional 29 from time to time. 

and BTW at 57 we are TOO YOUNG to be Curmudgeons.

Danny

• matdal
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:01 PM

I agree, and I will apolgize, Have you had any trouble hitting the green on No. 1 at the Olympic in two shots, i sure can't do it.

• PAGES
RSS