Forums

Help › Forums

boring

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:28 PM (6 replies)
  • Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:24 AM

As far as the strokeplay goes, wgt is getting pretty boring. I am getting fed up with Andrews High winds, especially when there is no way to get some sort of constant calculations, when the winds are the same and every mishit of the ding completely obliterates every action you took to compensate

Pity, I likes WGT very much, but just play a few ready go's and do gamng on wgtls, but all the other tournaments are simply not interesting for people who cant hit below 30 or 60

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:00 AM

Covenant:
    I am getting fed up with Andrews High winds,

So you are saying you want to take away the courses only protection so you can score better, yes??

Covenant:
    and every mishit of the ding completely obliterates every action you took to compensat

Ah so you want the game to make it able for you to hit the snap every time so you can score better then??

Covenant:
    but all the other tournaments are simply not interesting for people who cant hit below 30 or 60

Now that is pure crap and purely your opinion which is totally wrong.  If golf wasn't interesting to people who can't make -10 how come golf courses in real life have queues a mile long of people who will probably never break par in their lives

This has been said a million times.  You want an arcade game wander off to Two, this one is meant to be half serious

Mick

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:19 AM

I find all the free tournys not very interesting as well, primarily due to the credit payouts (or lack thereof) for them.

They're pretty much a waste of time for me nowadays, and I've found myself scaling back on them.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:32 AM

Strange how we all have different definitions of "boring". Too me, playing well, playing badly, winning and losing is what keeps me interested.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:46 PM

marioh:

I find all the free tournys not very interesting as well, primarily due to the credit payouts (or lack thereof) for them.

They're pretty much a waste of time for me nowadays, and I've found myself scaling back on them.

Yes it is a shame, I feel the same way and especially because I don't stand a chance in them anyway nor do most, its only the top 100 Master's who are competing with each other and the rest are there for the hell of it really. 

Please bring on the new tier and limit free credit tourneys to those that have NOT already won 10,000 credits, put a limit on it per year for the free ones.  If you have already won 10,000 credits you REALLY don't need the credits from the free tourneys, you can go and clean house in the Ready-go's and everyone that has, is mostly but they still play the free tourneys and why not since they are allowed, problem is that means the other 99% of players dont stand a chance.  Definitely what I am working towards the RG's and in the meantime I putt around in the free tourneys and put in time I suppose. 

I know I need to practice, like the other 100,000 or 300,00 Masters, I don't know how big the number is, we all need to practice to get better but we all would also like somewhere to compete in the meantime while we practice to get better to hopefully be close to the level of the top 100-200 sharks around here someday...someday....

• Neil426
    142 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:00 PM

Come join us at golfseeker.co.uk   i think u will enjoy it . we have different comps and leagues and one off tournments. not the same old boring rounds. come see for you self new stableford league starting soon. Its all handicaped so anyonre can win. if u dont believe come see for yourself.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:28 PM

marioh:

Amen Marioh.  I still enter the free weeklies and usually WD after a few holes if I know my score won't win.  Totally not worth wearing out an expensive GI SD ball to finish 4th or 5th because I won't win as much as the ball cost me to play.

I still tinker around with the 9 hole unlim because it's a good warm up before heading off to play some Ready Gos.

On the same note as payouts, has anyone noticed that the Pro Tier Open has the same prize value as the Master Tier Open.  $150, $100, and Dozen Pro V1s in each tier.   Seems like this will create some serious sandbagging and multiple accounts.  What's the motivation to move up to Master if you're playing for the same prizes in the Pro tier.

RSS