rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:14 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 11:14 PM

ThunderBoltz:

What will "Private Tournaments" be?

I hope they are referring to a tourney where a single member can run the tourney, but in complete accordance with WGT rules and regulations,of course,and all state and country gaming and gambling laws,

A member of at least six month's or better can send personal invites along with the amount of the mandatory sign up fee,I'm sure there is or will be a cap on that,around what,$1.00 all the way up to $20 bucks per entrant.

WGT's cut is 10% I think,lets just keep it at that for now, since they're already happy with it and all. It really would  even out since somebody's got to verify  the scores...

Sounds like fun and it'll give us something to do while we're waiting on the next available RTG.

I am just saying what I HOPE  WGT is talking about and have "no clue" as to what they mean by "Private Tournaments"...New topic...

That Oakmont might lure me away from "The Ocean Course" for a few rounds.Wow, that course looks really,really good.I don't know how hard that job is on the team taking all those pictures but they seem to of ,shall we say,"got the hang of it"...

The CTTH is cool and just about the meanest way to introduce a course I have ever seen,no offense staff.I am really looking forward to that one.It'll be right on time whenever it finally arrives.Looking real good around here WGT,worth every penny...

Keep Swinging...

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:19 AM

GITrDONE:

ThunderBoltz:

What will "Private Tournaments" be?

I hope they are referring to a tourney where a single member can run the tourney, but in complete accordance with WGT rules and regulations,of course,and all state and country gaming and gambling laws,

A member of at least six month's or better can send personal invites along with the amount of the mandatory sign up fee,I'm sure there is or will be a cap on that,around what,$1.00 all the up to $20 bucks per entrant.

WGT's cut is 10% I think,lets just keep it at that for now, since they're already happy with it and all. It really would  even out since somebody's got to verify  the scores...

Sounds like fun and it'll give us something to do while we're waiting on the next available RTG.

I am just saying what I HOPE  WGT is talking about and have "no clue" as to what they mean by "Private Tournaments"...New topic...

That Oakmont might lure me away from "The Ocean Course" for a few rounds.Wow, that course looks really,really good.I don't know how hard that job is on the team taking all those pictures but they seem to of ,shall we say,"got the hang of it"...

The CTTH is cool and just about the meanest way to introduce a course I have ever seen,no offense staff.I am really looking forward to that one.It'll be right on time whenever it finally arrives.Looking real good around here WGT,worth every penny...

Keep Swinging...

GitRDone

In response to I hope WGT is talking about and have "no clue" regarding private tournies..

Remember they now have NIV on there staff who has played in more tournies than GOD..

I have confidence in his abilities to help right the ship.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:05 AM

danohi50:
    I have confidence in his abilities to help right the ship.

Whats wrong with the ship???

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:28 AM

You overestimate my influence as a lowly forum mod, but thanks for the comments. =)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:01 PM

WGTniv:

You overestimate my influence as a lowly forum mod, but thanks for the comments. =)

No Way!  What better person to have "on staff" in any form than a formal player who readily excelled at the game and played a ton of rounds!  Good stuff indeed, I'm sure you relayed a ton of great suggestions.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:52 PM

ditto

• Habitant
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:29 PM

Equipment and Avatars

Does anyone know whether the recent addition of i15s (and those patriotic pyjamas) is this equipment and avatar update or, are there more coming (within the time frame indicated 30-60 days)?

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:09 PM

i would imagine there will be more to come on next update

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:14 PM
    I don't know... but I tried the Ping i15 3W and it is no way near better than the Taylor Made G9 series. The meter swing is so fast even using the expensive touch balls... Anyone want it? I'm sure they will have more updates in the next 30-60 days and look forward to struggling at Oakmont like I did at BB when it was introduced. Will they have some of the problems with the tourney tees where we can't reach fairways? I'm sure they will have some nasty surprises in it for us. Well good luck on your rounds my fellow players. May the wind be at your back and your putts find their home.
  • PAGES
RSS