Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH- Oakie & Andy

Sun, Apr 18 2010 4:54 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 1:45 PM

SP........I don't play the CTTH that much just once to get an entry most weeks.  I do agree on Oakmont, the 3rd and 9th hole are a crapshoot.  I was lucky enough to get within 3 feet on #3 but you have a landing area of about 25 square feet to do this.  On #9 you just have no chance unless the wind is perfect.  What sucks is to play 8 good holes and then get on #9 with a 15 MPH wind to your back and no chance to get within 30 feet.     After the score Avatar posted I'm now ashamed to play it.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 3:27 PM

Thanks to to those willing to be forthcoming with secrets (wink).  Tried the punch on #3 and that opened up many more possibilities.    

On #9, I had a good round going, tried to hit the rough just past the bunker, with back spin, thinking that might stop the ball near the hole.  I hit what I thought was a perfect shot, the ball hits something, maybe it was just the down slope on the back side of the bunker, and runs across the green almost ending up in the club house doorway 100 feet away.  Of course, that being the last hole, the score was posted.

Good thread SP.  You wrote what most of us were thinking I'm sure.  As for me, one reason I don't mind #3 as much is because I don't have to invest much time before hitting RESTART button (smile).

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 4:06 PM

Joeyola:

I don't mind #3 as much is because I don't have to invest much time before hitting RESTART button (smile).

Joey

Ditto...I had it in reverse earlier today. Started off with 12 ft then 12 ft on #2, hit it 2.3 ft on #3, kept going to the end to protect the 2.3 feet, was doing better, hit the most heavenly fade on #9 that hit within a few feet of the pin and ended up 70 ft. The 19th hole is my favorite now.

• TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:16 AM

First round is on me SP.

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:44 PM

SweetiePie:
    hit the most heavenly fade on #9 that hit within a few feet of the pin and ended up 70 ft.

One can only slam his head against online golf software so long before even the ego says "let's stop this nonsense". Oakmont CTTH can now go to hell.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 4:54 PM

tuffgolfer:

Oakmont CTTH can now go to hell.

No way! Oakmont is by far the funnest of all the CttHs. I've had many opportunities to break 50. 

• PAGES
RSS