Help › Forums

2 majors to wgt

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2010 1:29 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:12 PM
    with WGT's tie up with the R&A and USGA thats 2 majors. and if EA sports have a deal with the PGA so possibly could tie up the USPGA to TWO. that just leaves the MASTERS to fight over. There must be a move from someone to try and get Augusta. whoever gets the Masters on their platform not only has the most exculsive course on their hands but also a massive marketing coup and surely first place in the online golf leaderboard.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:15 PM

plim:
    whoever gets the Masters on their platform not only has the most exculsive course on their hands but also a massive marketing coup and surely first place in the online golf leaderboard.

This would be based on the assumption that the two platforms compare, which they don't. WGT is far and away more realistic.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:16 PM

Do you have any clue who your dealing with in that pipe-dream hypothesis?

The board members at Augusta and membership in general, could give a rat's ass about a video game and any marketing revenue it would generate.

It's like saying all I have to do is to bang Megan Fox.  Yes it would be awesome, but sadly it will never happen.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:27 PM

I've said before, but it bears repeating here... there has only been one game that was allowed to use Augusta National... and that golf game came directly from Micro$oft... 

.... and only because B.Gates is a member.

We can hope and wish and dream... but they'll probably allow their own custodial service full membership before we see a virtual rendition of that course here.   /sigh

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:44 PM

Come on guys, let's remain optimistic. If there's a will, there's a way. With MisterWGT as our fearless leader, there's no telling what might happen.

The board members at Augusta have to be feeling the pinch in this economy too.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:01 PM

Snaike:
    .... and only because B.Gates is a member.

Are you sure about this? I thought he was just on the list. Seem to remember some irony involving all his money and not being able to get in.

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:12 PM

YankeeJim:

Are you sure about this? I thought he was just on the list. Seem to remember some irony involving all his money and not being able to get in.

The always- reliable Wikipedia says he is, here

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:23 PM

Shows what I know. Tx, ccrume

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:26 PM

Richard, MrWGT would be laughed right out of their grille room.  There's a better chance of the Israelis and Arabs coming together for a picnic.

If they don't care about maximizing their income through TV coverage, do you really think they care about making a cent from a video game?   And they would never allow their likeness to be replicated on a website they couldn't control.   Never.  Let it go.  :)

ccrume:
    The always- reliable Wikipedia says he is, here
    Yup, he and the Oracle of Omaha are both members.  I don't think they're feeling a pinch in any economy unless somebody gets goosed at the Memorial Day barbeque.

And if its on Wikipedia than it must be true.  

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:28 PM

YankeeJim:
    I thought he was just on the list. Seem to remember some irony involving all his money and not being able to get in.
    Yea he was on the list... but held back because he had the audacity to say that he wanted in...

But, really, how long do you think the membership was going to keep him out.  They did it to prove a point.  Had he not made his request for membership public, they would have busted their spleens to get him in... lol

and to echo Oak's point... they didn't want him BECAUSE of his money... it's BECAUSE of his name.

Member Bill Gates.  Now ~that~ would carry some weight in the corporate world, even if he had a +30 handicap... 

• PAGES
RSS