Forums

Help › Forums

New to WGT So.Oregon

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:48 PM (6 replies)
  • oldryno
    20 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:02 AM

Hello everyone,,,,, Been playing for 3 weeks now Very cool game...got amature tier got some hotrod clubs....Im struggling with putting May have to change my name to "BOOGYMAN""..I dont practice much I play ranked   stroke play  unless theres pressure I dont pay as much attention..My average has slipped but ill keep tryin...And IM NOT A QUITTER!! im gonna try some matchplay so if you get an invite.......Or look me up !Please amatures only you Pros/masters are animals...Oh yea Ive never picked up a golfclub in real life...Makes it tough to understand some of the fine points of the game..But still cool game

L8R  Oldryno

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 12:26 PM

Welcome aboard Oldryno.

I am orginally from the Medford area. Haven't been around that neck of the woods in over 30yrs though. Nice to see someone from Oregon here.

One way to get better is to play against better players and see what it is they do.  But if you play me, try not to remember a thing afterwards.  I have bad habits that have a tendency to rub off on others.

If you haven't done so already, check out the tips over on the right under FAQs.

Have fun and stay outta the rough!

Krokk

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:28 PM

oldryno:
    My average has slipped but ill keep tryin...And IM NOT A QUITTER!!

That's what I like to hear! (...or read). I don't quit, even after bad shots. So I'll check out for a match.

oldryno:
    Oh yea Ive never picked up a golfclub in real life...

Neither have I. Well maybe some driving in a field but no real course. But that simulator made me love the real game and I want to play someday.

Welcome to the game!

Rob

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:36 PM

Yup and welcome. I fold under pressure, when playing against someone else, so you may have a chance against this pro!

Greg.

• oldryno
    20 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:50 AM
    Tks to everyone for the greetings...Am about to wade in on the match play ,Gotta make sure ive got some credits...Sooo let me see(100 cdts.....WGT get 10%....Fair enough...IF I winn i gain 8o crdt.??..yea" if" I win)...Okay Im back..Like a lone sheep I wander out to the greens ....(hope the big bad WOLF dont get me).... L8R Oldryno
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:33 PM

Welcome to the fun...

Remember, you don't have to play Match Play for credits.

Match Play Challenge = credits

Match Play = No credits.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:48 PM

Welcome Ryno,

Im close to ya, Im up here in pasco wash.

Ill hook up with you sometime and show you the ropes.

RSS