• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:54 PM
    WILL YOU EVER ADD THE AGUSTA COURSE WHERE THEY PLAY THE MASTERS JAMES
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:07 PM

Hi James,

As far as I know Augusta has never allowed anyone to license their course.  In order for us to even consider it, they must be willing to license it for use.

Right now the best you can do is to try and go to the Masters/Augusta website and let them know that WGT is where they belong. =)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:03 PM

From what I've heard, all of the old Links games used to have Augusta.

WGTniv:

As far as I know Augusta has never allowed anyone to license their course.  In order for us to even consider it, they must be willing to license it for use.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:16 PM

Those were user-created and not officially licensed.

• TarheelsRule
    5,487 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:24 PM
    The Augusta National Golf Course, home of the Masters is pretty tight about anything that they do. A number of older video games had this course on it, Links for sure and 3 or 4 others. I don't think that the course ever licensed this and many of the old games had a design part that allowed you to design games, so they didn't have to go through the hoops that WGT goes though to get the game to look so great and play so well. The Links game was computer generated and anyone with a scorecard or pictures of the layout could get close, today with the GPS golf courses you could design it very easily. I would be content if the WGT could put out the current PGA tour courses and the USGA courses. It would be great to have Harbout Town, TPC Sawgrass, Pebble Beach, Shinnecock Hills, Southern Hills, Pinehurst #2 and some of the great courses that are a part of the tour and the open rotation.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:57 PM

WGTniv:
    In order for us to even consider it, they must be willing to license it for use.

I got an idea.

Have MisterWGT fly the yellow two man helicopter over Augusta, while WGTadmin snaps some digital photos. Augusta will never know what happen.

WGTniv, you and WGTalex can go undercover with a digital camera hidden in your golf bags and stroll around the course taking key digital photos.

What could go wrong? lol

RSS