Forums

Help › Forums

Why cheat WGT ( part 2 )

Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:56 PM (55 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:36 PM

YankeeJim:
    AvatarLee posted about his 19 early this morning.
    WHOA!  Easy there bud... 19?!?!  Not me, thats just ridonkulous!  Sheesh! ;^)   

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:01 PM
    What'd you score YJ. If you don't mind my asking? So you're tellin' me you and these other guys can hit it within 5 feet on every shot! C'MON!!!! Dude no ones fingers are that talented. HAHA, I think alot of us people are being taken for a ride here! I think it's time that WGT invests some time into looking at some of these scores and doing some investigating. If you guys are shooting these scores legit,so be it, get yourselves your own tier, or something! request it from WGT. Do something, c'mon man give us guys who aren't as talented as you guys a chance to compete. That's all I'm asking. Not asking to win, not asking for any break or anything like that. Dudes!!!, where's your sense of fair play?HUH? And as far as beating a dead horse, this horse aint even near the race track yet! And if some of you folks think I'm outta line, well..... maybe I am,but, think for a minute. I'm asking for every other guy and gal like myself, and there are alot more of us than you. And here I thought this was a gentlemans game. I am really dissapointed in some of you guys take on this. Here's one for ya! some comes here and in a month he or she starts shooting eagle on every bloody hole, are you telling me you wouldn't shout cheater or start asking WGT to do something about it! Answer that one for me! I think you guys who are, let's say, the higher echelon, should be lobbying for more tiers in all fairness! Just so you guys know, AL and YJ, The scores are outta hand boys and you know it, and i think you guys probably are legit. But dudes, cmon. I'm outta the Oakmont tourney before it even started, and I'm not supposed to be even a little pissed off. I might as well play the course pro for a buck a hole on the real course. Makes that much sense right now!!!!!!!!!
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:18 PM

ghettocop1:
    What the hell are you talking about?  Enlighten you with what?
    Well, proof for openers. Enlighten means to make one smarter with facts. You are filled with speculation but offer nothing more than same. But everyone gets that part of it, except you. PROOF! That is the only thing that can get you off my hook. With all due respect, of course.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:12 AM

WHOA!  Easy there bud... 19?!?!  Not me, thats just ridonkulous!

LOL- Key word left out was potential. Sorry about that, Lee. I see the 19 and have no doubt it won't be potential very long. Funny how it didn't phase me when I saw that because I fully expect it to happen by you or BB or some other motivated type.

@iukine. 153 something the first time I tried it. It's posted. I get hugely bored with CTTH so I don't partake like many do. Guys like Lee and Bollux regularly stick shots 5 feet away and it's a matter of time before it happens at Oakmont. ALee's potential best is 19 already! This means the best 9 shots he's taken there total 19. How long do you think it's going to be before all of those shots happen in the same 15 minutes?

I do not think you are out of line in your thinking. The different tier idea is being hashed out and we are both in the same boat-I'm out of that tourney too! I know there would have to be an absolutely perfect storm for me to win and I'm not about to chase it. I am nowhere near AL's level. I just am not that motivated and have too much fun just hacking away, learning, getting better, helping  and so on. I just happen to be able to shoot mid-low 60s. I don't want to know what I could do if I applied myself-too much work.

Do not despair because I believe this will eventually change. I don't know how it will but it will. There's too many like you and me. Keep the faith.  :-)

• bloodclot
    102 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:26 AM
    Whether it be on a spouse...on taxes...academic tests....or yes, a video game...there are people in the world that will be compelled to cheat. I see magazines on racks in stores whose sole existence is to publish game cheats for video games...so yes, it exists...people want the satisfaction/sensation of winning.

If for no other reason, to achieve perceived success in the eyes of others (speaking of video game success that is). This desire to be seen as superior typically stems from shortcomings in areas of self confidence and the inability to succeed in real life scenerios.

Please, if you read this and feel it is an attack, I do not intend it be meant as such. I only attempt to help others understand the psyche behind video game cheating.

JP
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:12 AM

bloodclot:
    Whether it be on a spouse...on taxes...academic tests....or yes, a video game...there are people in the world that will be compelled to cheat.
    JP

Perhaps this is a fact. Here in our community there are only 5 or so players who have risen to a level above the very best. My question is; are they all cheats? If not, which one or three, and if they are somehow cheating, why aren't they better cheaters. There is a fine line between the great and the very great. If someone is cheating, then by God, CHEAT. Show me something.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:39 PM

SweetiePie:

ghettocop1:
    What the hell are you talking about?  Enlighten you with what?
    Well, proof for openers. Enlighten means to make one smarter with facts. You are filled with speculation but offer nothing more than same. But everyone gets that part of it, except you. PROOF! That is the only thing that can get you off my hook. With all due respect, of course.

I do not need you to provide the definition of enlighten Ms. Pie.  You may be popular here with your overly-composed posts laden with big words that are usually spelled incorrectly, but to me that is just a signal that you are in over your head regarding the written word, and more than likely, functional intelligence, and critical thinking.

Now to the topic.....  Can you not read?  Go back and read my posts thoroughly.  I have stated I will shortly be doing what I can to provide proof for the members here.  Furthermore, stop insinuating that I am accusing folks of cheating here.  Go back and read my posts please.

Also, please be advised that I am not intimidated by super-popular posters with high post counts.  If you wish to match wits with me on this forum, continue criticizing my posts, and you shall have your wish.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:56 PM

ghettocop1:

Also, please be advised that I am not intimidated by super-popular posters with high post counts.  If you wish to match wits with me on this forum, continue criticizing my posts, and you shall have your wish.

Sonny Boy, you couldn't carry my briefcase.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:59 PM

Hey guys,

We appreciate the (mostly) topical conversation here, but if this thread is going to turn into a flame-fest we're gonna put a lock on it.  Please return to your corners, breathe it out and let cooler heads prevail.

Thank You

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:50 PM

WGTniv:

Hey guys,

We appreciate the (mostly) topical conversation here, but if this thread is going to turn into a flame-fest we're gonna put a lock on it.  Please return to your corners, breathe it out and let cooler heads prevail.

Thank You

I am sorry. I should know better. No hard feelings here and I wish Ghettocop nothing but success and happiness in our wonderful community. Thanks niv.

RSS