Forums

Help › Forums

Why cheat WGT

Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:55 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:45 PM
    firstly remember the forum :- Forums >> Welcome to WGT >> Announcements & News ( Voice >> WGT >> Announce ) right, before i start my post, please understand that this is a general discussion for players of this game to air there views or opinions. it is noway intended to endorse, advertise or sponsor 3rd party add-ons, cheating or anything else that may assist you to achieve a better than your ability round. nor is it intended to allow persons to obtain prizes by fraudulent means or bring WGT into disrepute. so i have read never ending posts, like most of you perhaps, the issues of cheating the system. can you do it ?, how do you do it ?, are members doing it ?, at a guess yes and no. in my opinion, maybe it is possible to find a programme, a free one at that, to cheat this beta golf game. remember, it is a beta game, basically a game that is being trailed. a game that is free to sign up to and play at the moment and you choose when or if you want to part with money. a game i would loosely call a you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours, a test drive, excuse the punn. a company allows public use of there product so they can find or make improvements if they deem it necessary. like with all new products, inevitably there will be hiccups occasionally, a favourite with all of us i suppose is the erratic behaviour with the swing meter,,,, OR IS IT ? of course there are members that are totally addicted to this wonderful game, me being one of them. practice makes perfect and trust me i practice often on here and am still far from perfect. ok, i admit if im having a bad round when playing on my own i will now and then exit a game but never against a fellow member or if i have paid money to enter a competition. anyway, getting back to the point, CHEATING ! many of you must have come up against a golfer on here, or have viewed a scorecard and thought how is that possible ? well i have been searching various sites on the net, one being something to do with a tube ;) another site viewed was a place to download a free auto macro recorder and there were other sites selling products claiming to........... lets just say, help you with your mouse clicks. do they work ? my answer is i dont know personally, i would never need to win a round of golf that badly to find out but what i would say is that i may think twice before adding funds to my account. i do believe strongly that the WGT crew are an honest bunch but because of the modern day we live in, it sometimes means, unfortunately, that there will always be a percentage that want to find ' that easy shot '. i do realise that there are some truly amazing players on here, who have probably sat in front of there PC for many an hour playing honest golf but i do have that question mark in my thoughts that some people perhaps are getting outside help. I DO HOPE IM WRONG.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:48 PM

crazyhorse75:
    I DO HOPE IM WRONG.

You are.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:52 PM

crazyhorse75, 

I am not going to pretend that I know what each and every other player is doing and give you some blanket 'it just doesn't happen' answer. I've heard and seen some of the same things you are alluding too, and many more. I can tell you that the technology is out there, and there are a lot of dishonest people out there who look to exploit every possible advantage. That is the internet age that we live in.

That being said, cash transfers here on WGT are a one-way street, and there really isn't a reason to game this system, as there is no real potential financial game. If I were a betting man, and I'll give you 5:2 that I'm not, I'd say there is a small percentage of users who use some of those techniques, and a much larger % that do not.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:45 PM

First of all Yankee, thank you for your asinine response.   Was it really worth your time to write those two words?  Crazy took the time to write what he had found and that is the best you can come up with?  If you knew for a fact that there was no cheating going on then I can only assume that you would have enlightened crazy, and the rest of this community, with cold hard facts.  Instead you antagonized.  Bravo!  I would suggest that instead of posting simply to provoke, post some of your "wisdom" (and I use that term very lightly with intent) in order to either further the discussion (which is what forums are all about aren't they?) or if you are so sure that no cheating exists then offer crazy the actual proof.

VHL, I appreciate what you are saying, however, I believe that there is much financial gain to this game.  Ask the person who won the trip to Pebble this year how much those trips if paid out of pocket would cost.  Trips of a lifetime IMO and if someone (and please read that I am not implying they did) found or designed a program to help them achieve this it would be well worth their effort.

Crazy, I know you are on to something, but I also know that the elite players on here for the most part are where they are because they paid the ultimate price...they have worked at it.  I would concur that if the next big giveaway which I think will coincide with the release of Oakmont and the US women's open, and someone comes out of nowhere to win and beat the truly elite then for sure we can decree that something is amiss.

I suspect that the top earners would be too ashamed if they continued to win by cheating for mere credits.  I think the guilt should and would get to them.  Plus, wouldn't it be something, if the winner of a trip to either the US Open at Pebble or the Open in St. Andrews were asked to demonstrate their marvelous prowess at an exhibition during those weeks, and they turned out to be frauds? 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:52 PM

Great... more entitlement mentality.

Let me boil down your argument to a small mouthful....

"I can't do it so they must be cheating."

About right?  Yea, I though so... 

And CJay, you're luck you got those two words from YJ, cuz he's spot on.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:00 PM

Perfect Snaike, you just proved my point ever more.  How does your post in any way reassure crazy that no cheating is going on in the WGT universe????  By trying to validate Yankee?  Wow.  Well, I guess that settles that.

Like an oppressive government regime, just keep saying that no cheating (or corruption to further my GOV allegory) and hope that it all goes away without providing substantive authentication.

Keep up the good work, the cheaters appreciate your efforts.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:14 PM

callawayjay:
    Keep up the good work, the cheaters appreciate your efforts.

If you know of one, send that information to WGT.

Of course you won't, because you have no proof.  What you have is conjecture and speculation.  You're little "The fix is in!" argument is tired and old.

Like I said.. every single one of these 'cheater' posts is about someone deciding this game is too hard and they realize that they can't do it... and if they can't do it, and someone else can, that they have to be cheating.

Like every other person who wants to make sure that every participant gets a ribbon, and everyone feels like a winner, and hey, let's not keep score mentality I say, "grow a pair."

If you can't do it, don't claim others are cheating.... without PROOF.  If you have no PROOF, put away the crayons and practice until you CAN do it.

There, does that help you?  Probably not.  But hey, we can all wear tin-foil hats and watch all the cheaters go by.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:26 PM

Snaike, your if I know of one them send it in argument is flawed at best in regards to crazy's original post.  He stated that he saw on youtube and through other research where it seemed like programs or apps existed to cheat this game.  If you are so sure that NONE of these exist, then please share the PROOF with the rest of this community which I'm sure would put this issue to bed.

BTW, your grow a pair remark is childish.  It has no place or bearing on this conversation.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:40 PM

Hi guys,

We actively monitor players for any programs designed to work with or modify the scope of the flash platform or the game itself.  We are very much aware of the programs that already exist to accomplish that task and we stay up-to-date on any new ones that crop up.  Any suspicious activity will flag your account and we will investigate it fully to determine the cause of that activity.

You can rest assured that we do not take this matter lightly.

Thanks for your concerns.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:52 PM

Thank you WGTniv, for clearing up some of these issues and secondly for a thoughtful an obviously researched answer instead of mere conjecture and postulation as offered by Yankee and Snaike.  

I question with the amount of rounds that are played on here that WGT is able to monitor every single one of them, but I suspect that through specific sampling WGT is able to narrow down the usage of said programs.

At least I hope so.

• PAGES
RSS