Help › Forums

Lost Ball

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:40 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:47 PM

OK How many people have lost a ball on the first hole of St Andrews. I went brain dead and didn`t think I could hit that creek. Not complaining, just wondering how many got sucked into that one. :)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:12 PM

Not yet,

but now that you brought it up and blew my Karma, I'm guessing I'll be back in the pro shop in the very near future, lol.

hit 'em str8!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:16 PM

I've lost one thus far but I blame it entirely on a meter jump.

;\

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:21 PM
    I HIT A BRAND NEW SLEEVE IN THE CREEK A FEW DAYS AGO LMAO!! NOT COMPLAINING EITHER!! AND IM SURE ILL DUMP MORE INTO IT !!
  • krokk
    34 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:20 AM

Well Whogolf, You jinxed me!  Argg!!!

1 ball in the drink.

The power of suggestion is strong, I see.  It was on my mind not to geek out, and sure enough, I choked.

Luckily it's only the first time doing that there and hopefully the last.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:33 AM

Once. I drove the ball all the way through the first fairway and rolled it in the drink. I play the starter ball, so no harm no foul.

Haven't went in the drink there since.

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:35 AM

That`s funny. Sorry for the jinx. Hitting the ball in the creek to the left or right don`t bother me cuz it is my fault. But when I hit it straight towards the hole, I go brain dead and forget I can hit the creek with a good wind. lol

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:41 AM

If it happens again... there is a bright side (albeit very small)... if you can still make the up and down for par you get +1 to your 'In the Drink' award total.  If that's any consolation... I'm up to 8 now I think :-/  *shrug*

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 7:07 AM

It is a total nonsense that you should be penalised a lost ball for putting it into the burn at the first at St Andrews. There isn't enough water in there in real life to drown a fly.

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:36 PM
    Well, I almost did it again. Look at my replay under "Lost ball?...NOPE!" Now that's what I call a close shave...LOL!!
  • PAGES
RSS