Forums

Help › Forums

I have a few Questions

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:40 AM (4 replies)
  • kylefreer2010
    10 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 12:13 PM
    Hey i'm kyle i'm new i just signed up 4 days ago and i have some questions. 1. How do you earn money other then moving uo from tier? 2. What is the starting rank for pro? i'm currently at 93.61 as a Amateur and was courious on what average score i must have to be pro. The only reason why i care is because next week i'm buying a set of clubs including a putter and would like to pruchase some pro sticks and i want to know the score i need to add thanks.
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:12 PM

Welcome

1)  tournaments and match play challenge- stroke play free events are available every week and also monthly tournaments.  There are also premium stroke play events if you scroll down a little further, but you are not elligible for all since they are based on tiers.  Match Play Challenge are match play can join or create, you can wager credits against other players.  ***Depending on your state of residence some of these options may not be open to you.  The FAQs over here  ======> are your best best friend.

2)The starting rank for pro, I assume you mean starting score.  That is up in the air was WGT keeps it secret to prevent sandbagging for one.  Your best bet, practice, play and post your scores (play ranked rounds to completion).  Your score will accurately reflect your rank.

Great reason for wanting to know score for pro though.  As you posted certain clubs are only available to that tier.  So its up to you to wait or buy clubs as amateur.  Many people make pro with starter equipment, its not hard once you figure out the game (once again use the FAQs ============>, the putting and chipping tips are outstanding and can solve all your short game woes taht we all had in the beginning)

Best of luck, and dont forget, practice is important, try different shots out.  you have 10 strokes per hole in practice mode, use all of them to try different shots, especially chip vs. pitch vs flop options.  The putting FAW is excellent as well, and these FAQs are from experienced PLAYERS. 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:16 PM

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to WGT!  Let me see if I can answer those questions for you:

1.)  Other than moving up a tier, you can obtain credits by purchasing them, winning them in our Weekly & Monthly stroke play tournaments and skill challenges, or you can try our special offers section.

2.)  Short Answer - Around 71-73

Long Answer - Based on the way we perform your average calculation there actually is no set #.  The general area that most Pros will find themselves in is around 71-73 or so, but each individual can be slightly different depending on the order in which they post their scores.  We use a time-weighted system (most recent scores carry more weight) that causes each player's "promotion number" to fluctuate within a few hundredths of the target line (which remains a secret to deter sandbagging.)  In other words, depending on your score order one player could get a promotion at 72.12 while another one could go at 72.25.  Those more recent scores will be the most significant determining factor.  Please keep in mind that the figures I used for this example are arbitrary and are only there to assist in the explanation.

*ninja'd by NeilDiamond =)*

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:10 PM

out of nowhere like a ninja

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:40 AM

Welcome to WGT Kylefreer2010.

Since NeilDiamond and Niv pretty much answered your questions, I will throw in a tidbit or two for what it's worth.

Some ppl can make pro easily using starter clubs and then purchase pro tier clubs and go from there.  I found that it was easier for me to purchase the Rapture irons and driver, along with the B-ES balls (for extra spin).  I also grabbed the spider putter as well as the anser and would swap em as needed. Some days, the spider was my friend, other days, it was the anser that did the trick.  In the process of trying to figure out my putting, I turned pro.

Everyone has thier own way of doing things, and you'll find out what works for you.

GL

RSS