Forums

Help › Forums

New Player

Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:21 AM (9 replies)
  • trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 4:58 AM
    Just a quick post to say hello to the WGT community. Started playing maybe a couple of weeks ago and have got myself up to Pro tier in that time (Avg 78.79) pretty easily really - am sure it will get harder tho now. Looking forward to playing with you out there so feel free to add me if you would like to play some rounds, not a quitter here :o) Also am looking at buying some new clubs although am a bit sceptical at the moment as I dont want to fly thro the Pro tier and get no use from the clubs.....how long does it normally take to progress ? I know its down to the individual of course but any comments are welcome. See you out on the course :o)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:43 AM

Hello Trevor and welcome to the fun..

There is absolutely no way you're going to 'fly through the pro tier' unless you cherry pick your best scores and only post the <33/9 or <66/18 scores.  Of course, you could do this as there is no rule against it...

But if you did, you would get to the Master tier and get creamed.  (Just do a search here in the forums for all the folks that think they made it too early and wish they could be sent back.)

Here's my advice.. it's free (and you get what you pay for!)...

Play the clubs you have until you ~know~ which ones you need to upgrade... post all your rounds and let your abilities move to the higher tier when you're ready and able.

Also, please take a look at the ladders (www.wgtls.co.uk) for lots of good rounds (no quitters allowed), lots of good people, and lots of good information.

Again, welcome, have fun, and see you somewhere on the course... (I'm usually the guy in the bushes looking for my lost ball and letting you play through.)

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 2:57 PM

Yup and welcome from this play to the end no matter how bad I'm doing guy!

Greg.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 6:29 AM

Welcome

And Snaike's spot on, don't rush it's a huge jump I believe, Pro's good

Mick

• trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:46 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, constructive comments always appreciated.

Am in no rush at all to hit that Master tier, seems like quite a high learning curve from the posts I can see anyway. Still making progress in the Pro tier with the standard newbie clubs tho but am looking to upgrade to some pro clubs pretty soon tho. Have already sent WGT some hard earnt paypal so hopefully they can digitise a little bit more of one of the St Andrews holes :o)

Thanks for the adds too guys, look forward to playing some rounds with you all.

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:01 AM
    Welcome Trevor, Do yourself a huge favor and take Snaike's advice. Posting your actual scores good or bad, will allow you to get to know your strengths as well as weaknesses. If you do this, I'll bet by the time you make Master, you'll enjoy the benefits of doing things the right way. But for now, there are some pretty good pro's around here for you to play with/against. GL
  • trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:02 AM
    Hi Krokk Yeah I have been pretty much posting everything so far as I am not one for quitting rounds, have just found that my average has come down really quickly so far but I guess that is going to get to a certain level and then I am really going to have to work at getting it lower. I can see that now I am reaching that level so its just a choice now of what pro clubs to go for. Believe me I am in no rush to get to Master level just yet
  • Danowadd
    72 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:39 AM
    I'm Danowadd ,a semi-retired massage therapist from western NC..Golf has been my passion for the last 40 tears..I was a respectable 10 handicapper.. I come closer to scratch every day... Think game raises the bar on all aspects of the game.. Now at 60, I feel I have the time and knowledge to compete with you fellow golfers. The money I spend here is nothing compred to what was spent or the local courses in the past.. I wish ALL of you the very best , and hope to compete soon at different levels..Please invite me as a friend--as we never seem to have too many..Thanks to all of you,,Danny
  • brobear1970
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 2:53 PM

welcome

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:21 AM

Welcome Danny

Mick

RSS