Help › Forums

I got to master tier!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:05 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:42 PM

Was it a tough transition for you guys? I've just been practicing and tomorrow I'm going to upgrade my clubs. Did it take awhile to get used to the length and green speeds the master tier comes with?

The good news is, I think I was ready for the upgrade because I was constantly in the low 30s.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:25 AM

Good luck to you! And congratulations.

Depending on the clubs you made master with, an upgrade to a good driver, putter and 64 wedge is critical for your enjoyment. I would recommend that all your clubs have the same swing speed as this will help your consistency. You will struggle for a few rounds but don,t give up.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:49 AM

rehill:
    Was it a tough transition for you guys?

First, way to go! The transition is odd because of the mix you are in and the slow down of being able to progress at the pace you have grown used to. Also, and this is just me, while I once played with happiness, I now play mostly in a foul mood. Enjoy!

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:29 AM

Well done m8.  I am starting to get there slowly but I don't want to rush it, I don't think I am consistent enough yet.  The 64 wedge has certainly made a difference, but my snap - and I know I go on about it but - is still c**p!!!

Mick

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 4:17 AM

sorry for posting this, but I just had a 376.06 drive on St, Andrews, anyone top that yet

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:23 AM

Congrats.  I think the biggest challenge for people is either the longer tee's with the wrong equipment, or getting used to faster meter for master clubs.  You already use the faster meter on your irons, and you said you are doing the one thing that many do not, practice.  Keep it up, def look to get a master driver, even with fast meter its still easy to hit a large fairway target, my driving percentage has gone up since my pro days.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:53 AM

Thanks for all the positive feedback!! All great advice =D I'm looking into getting the R9, G10 3-wood, no rescue, G10 irons, and three satin wedges (56, 60, 64). It's gonna be fun with this challenge!

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:59 AM

congrats on making master, with that set up you will need to practice the 115/98 punch shot. thx JB

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:13 AM

Wow.. congrats and welcome to the fun...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:09 PM

Snaike:

welcome to the fun...

We'll just have to see about that... =)

• PAGES
RSS