Forums

Help › Forums

i say that whenever...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:02 PM (3 replies)
  • unorthadox
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:28 AM
    whenever a ranked player quits ,that they should lose some of thier ranking ,unless the person he/or she quits on a person who has a lower ranking then him/or her ,due to the fact that maybe they were holding up play!
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:23 PM

Um, why? If a person is to 'cherry pick' their scores. let 'em! Once they advance to the Master tier they wont be even the slightest bit competitive. I don't understand the motive behind quitting because it just makes the game harder in the long run, but it is completely the choice of the user, I guess.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:48 AM

I have to admit I quit on tournament rounds occasionally, but only if it is pointless putting it up i.e. you are 3 or 4 shots worse than the best you have put up

If I am within a shot or two I keep going.  The thing is as rehill says, it's a huge jump apparently to Masters, (rehill should know, he's just made it ;-)  )  You really want to be ready for it and if you only put in your best scores you will be there artificially quickly and in no way ready to play there

I personally will put my scores in until I am put up there naturally

Mick

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:02 PM

unorthadox:
    whenever a ranked player quits ,that they should lose some of thier ranking ,unless the person he/or she quits on a person who has a lower ranking then him/or her ,due to the fact that maybe they were holding up play!

(sorry about cross post, but its the same answer to the same stupid question)

And how about the people that disconnect beyond their control (power failure, ISP problem, browser crash, computer crash etc.)

They are supposed to be penalized also?

There are sometimes circumstances that cause disconnects that aren't detectable from someone just dumping the game.

I think you need to get over it and get on with life..

RSS