Forums

Help › Forums

What does it take...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:02 AM (8 replies)
  • ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 6:24 AM

I'm wondering on how to shoot successfully in the high 60's during the 18 hole single play but get angry to easy with the high winds and the putting.. Any help?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 6:35 AM

Set up the same conditions in a practice round and pound away.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 9:21 PM

YankeeJim:

Set up the same conditions in a practice round and pound away.

Ya, just practice the situations you're struggling on in-round.

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 11:12 PM

keep yelling and sending crappy emails to WGT  works for me

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 5:49 AM

Just like the real deal, this "game" requires you to keep your cool to do well. I would suggest anger management courses.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:37 AM

ThunderBoltz:
    I'm wondering on how to shoot successfully in the high 60's during the 18 hole single play but get angry to easy with the high winds and the putting.. Any help?

Me too ;-)   I can average that sort of score on the front 9 at Annies and JUST about at Kiawah but if I break 70 at Beth any time soon I will hold a celebration party

I know I have the handicap of still being Pro, which is fine by me at the moment, so I lack a few yards, but putting is regularly losing me 4 or 5 shots a game - Yes that many!!!   I am getting a lot better with the normal snap so why can't I improve my putting snap??

Sometimes I hate this game :-(

As to any help - All I can say is what everyone else says - Practice!!!

Mick

• SOFBALL24
    3 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:01 AM

I have a question. I got in the St. Andrews tournament as a pro and have since moved to a Master. I purchased a Master Ping driver and it says that I can't continue the 2nd round because my tier level doesn't justify. Do I have to return this club and use another or Driver or does me being a Master eliminate me from the tournament. Thanks so much!!

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:28 AM

SOFBALL24:

I have a question. I got in the St. Andrews tournament as a pro and have since moved to a Master. I purchased a Master Ping driver and it says that I can't continue the 2nd round because my tier level doesn't justify. Do I have to return this club and use another or Driver or does me being a Master eliminate me from the tournament. Thanks so much!!

Hi Sofball.  If you change levels halfway through a tourney week that prevents you from playing any more rounds in any tourney you have already played in.  Happened to me when I went up to pro

Good luck at Masters

Mick

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:02 AM

You can continue the tournaments you entered as PRO but cannot use any master clubs. If you try, then you get the notice you mentioned.

RSS