Help › Forums

Thoughts on Rapture V2 Beginner Set

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 26 2023 11:38 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mscott1012
    7 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 5:18 AM
    Good Morning from sunny maryland, I noticed in the pro shop that they have a set suggested for beginners. It is a Ping Rapture V2 from driver to wedge. I would be interested to know if anyone is curretnly playing this set and how it compares to the set that you are equiped with when you register. Are the rapture a good set to start with? Also could you recomend a putter to complete the set? I am hoping to meet new people to play with friend me if you like. Matt
  • ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 6:11 AM

The raptures are excellent clubs and will improve your game greatly.  I'm sorry, but I did not view your profile to see your tier.  While pricey, the funnest clubs on this site would be the Rapture Pro Irons and 9.5 Driver.  If you are still an amateur, I would recommend waiting until you achieve Pro status and then buy the pro tier raptures.  As far as putters are concerned, the Spider will match the meter speed of the Raptures, but does not perform as well as the Daytona does.

Good luck.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 9:29 AM

ghettocop1:
     If you are still an amateur, I would recommend waiting until you achieve Pro status and then buy the pro tier raptures.

Concur... besides, getting from Hack to Pro is as easy as falling off the turnip truck... it's the gap from Pro to Master that takes some doing. 

Peace.

• Shadowhawk1967
    31 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 9:50 AM

I was playing with the WGT starter set then I purchased a Tour Pro 9.5 driver for 300 credits.  I got a big distance increase at a cost of not always being able to hit straight because of the faster swing speed meter.

Just today I purchased the Rapture V2 club set and shot a 34 at St Andrews.  I am really impressed with the clubs due to the slow swing speed meter allowing me to hit the ball straighter and fairly close to where I hope it will land.  I get a bigger distance off the tee with these than Tour Pro 9.5 and a much biggest distance than the WGT starter set.

The putter I am using the Daytona from TaylorMade at 750 credits.  It too has a slow swing speed meter and works pretty well for me (when I hit dead center) but the forgiveness of this putter is good.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 11:59 AM

Snaike:

ghettocop1:
     If you are still an amateur, I would recommend waiting until you achieve Pro status and then buy the pro tier raptures.

Concur... besides, getting from Hack to Pro is as easy as falling off the turnip truck... it's the gap from Pro to Master that takes some doing. 

Peace.

So true Snaike I made pro pretty easily and have been up and down like a yo-yo since I made pro. But I agree with both of you about the raptures. They are great clubs for the pro tier and who knows maybe a master set will be in the offering someday.

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 5:50 AM

For the most part of the course the clubs was great, I liked them but it dosn't matter what I think it is the player, But I see alot and mean alot of ghoast players, alot of 2 or 3 account players, so reallty there is no point to ask because the player using them already knows the game and will be a leader, until this stops by wgt, my mind will be the same,

Victor

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 1:22 PM

VanMeerV:

For the most part of the course the clubs was great, I liked them but it dosn't matter what I think it is the player, But I see alot and mean alot of ghoast players, alot of 2 or 3 account players, so reallty there is no point to ask because the player using them already knows the game and will be a leader, until this stops by wgt, my mind will be the same,

Victor

Wow...you bothered to dig up and respond to a 13 year old thread ? That has to be some kind of a record.

sayin'

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 6:10 PM

I'm more amazed by the fact that borntobesting is still very active both in the game and the forums!

That alone deserves a huge respect!

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 6:17 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I'm more amazed by the fact that borntobesting is still very active both in the game and the forums!

That alone deserves a huge respect!

+1 million

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2023 11:54 AM

ct690911:
    Wow...you bothered to dig up and respond to a 13 year old thread ? That has to be some kind of a record.

have not been active in forum lately, but stumbled in today - I will try to clarify a couple things based on what I have seen before when I was actively posting in the forums regularly.

this dynamic popped up a couple years ago and I recall stumbling across some old threads in what WGT labels the ACTIVE Threads list on the right hand side - so players may not necessarily be digging anything up - but the manner in which WGT designed the links to dig up old topics or threads despite being inactive for years - is more often the factor that prompts old threads resurfacing - unless you are one of those types that purposefully goes digging for them.

Now there are a few topics that new members might search for - but I would wager most of these old inactive threads are being pulled up by WGT and mislabeling them as active.

Another possible factor might be because someone that is still active went thru their old history and deleted or removed something they posted before - so it updates the old thread while not showing any new entries being made.  That would then prompt it to show recent "active thread" status despite nothing new being posted.

food for thought.

• PAGES
RSS